PDA

View Full Version : It's time to sell the 530i

pgrindstaff
01-08-2008, 08:30 PM
As a result of my recent purchase of a '95 540i I must sell my 1994 islandgrun on parchment 530iA. Aside from maintenance issues my 530i has given me little trouble and I must say I am a little sad to see it have to go. I can tell you right now that without the support and knowledge on this forum I more than likely couldn't have kept the car in running condition. I would like to offer the car to the members of this forum first, and while it is not perfect, it will still make a good car for someone. My asking price is $3000 or best offer. I am located in Kennesaw, Ga for those who would like to look at it locally.

Below is a list of maintenance I have performed in my almost two years of ownership. I do have maintenance records from 1994 through 1998 but no records from 1999 through 2006. The records indicate that the short block was replaced at 59,529.

Summer 2007:
Intake manifold gaskets
PCV
Water pump, coolant, radiator, radiator hoses
#1 knock sensor
Throttle, cruise control, and asc bowden cablesSummer 2006:
Fuel pump
Fuel filtersOther information: Replaced both fog lights with depo projector fog lights. I also have replaced the rear right reverse light and the right high beam with Hella replacements. Hood shocks and front and rear roundels have also been replaced. Oil service has been done at 5000 mile intervals.

Some notable issues: As with any car this age there are always issues that need to be tended to. The first thing to note is that there are some dents and dings of various sizes that come with age and other people’s lack of care for others belongings. The paint is fairly decent but worn thin in a few spots. On both sides of the front bumper the clear coat has started to come off. The headliner sags some behind the driver’s seat but it not terrible, more like a bubble. The infamous 50 mph shimmy is present and I have not yet resolved it.

To see images of the car please go to http://tnsgo.com:85/bmw530i/index.php?spgmGal=bmw. More images can be provided upon request.

If you would like to contact me you can do so by sending me a pm or email to patrick@tnsgo.com.

Sorry for the long post,
Patrick