PDA

View Full Version : 3 beep warning sound

Batam Man
01-07-2008, 11:54 PM
My 1995 E34 M60, while driving sometimes there is this 3 beep warning sound, anyone knows what is this all about? I've check the control panel and it says all OK..... :(

dennyg
01-08-2008, 12:18 AM
My 1995 E34 M60, while driving sometimes there is this 3 beep warning sound, anyone knows what is this all about? I've check the control panel and it says all OK..... :(
My guess is it is telling you the temp. All cars warn us of 38 degrees and beep three times. My guess is your display is not working for this but the warning bell is? Do you live in a cold climate? Well cold enough to dip to 38?

Batam Man
01-08-2008, 12:25 AM
My guess is it is telling you the temp. All cars warn us of 38 degrees and beep three times. My guess is your display is not working for this but the warning bell is? Do you live in a cold climate? Well cold enough to dip to 38?

I am in Asia, the average outdoor temperature here is around 35 degree celsius.

rob101
01-08-2008, 12:34 AM
Its your cars way of telling you it doesn't like you. either that or you have set the alarm on your clock accidentally and you need to pretty the mem button to turn it off.

mattyb
01-08-2008, 12:38 AM
i am going the alarm clock.

Itsnotme1988
01-08-2008, 01:02 AM
My guess as well. Beeps 3 times 15 seconds prior to the hour

shogun
01-08-2008, 01:12 AM
I am in Asia, the average outdoor temperature here is around 35 degree celsius.

Where in Asia, if I may ask? I also live in Asia, Tokyo/Japan.

I also opt for the clock alarm just before every full hour. You can switch that off.
See ownwersa manual. In case you do not have one, use the one for the E32 on my website below, it is under on board computer functions.

But, you could also get an gong alarm even when you have + 35 degreee C.
That will happen, if the temp sensor in front for the outside temp is bad, if it was disconnected, because then the temperature shows initially in the OBC minus degrees and slowly goes up to normal/correct temp, and that can take several hours.

Batam Man
01-08-2008, 04:08 AM
Thanks eveybody for the info, will try to work on the alarm....

BTW, I'm working and based in Indonesia.

Paul in NZ
01-08-2008, 04:38 AM
if memory serves me correctly its the s/r button??if you look at your clock on the obc there will be a symbol simiar to ))) if you press the s/r button (or is there another button with ))) next to it) you will see the symbol on the obs go out...in some ways i find it quite a neat feature....as you go past such and such a place as the beep goes off you know you are on time....

Batam Man
01-08-2008, 05:07 AM
So looks like the 3 beepings are basically something to do with only the alram clock and not some serious warning?
Thanks, I'll be able to sleep better tonight....

BMWDriver
01-08-2008, 09:57 AM
To set the alarm on or off, with the 12 button obc, you simply press s/r while the clock is displayed. The alarm logo on the far right of the obc display will appear, or disappear.

The neat feature of souding the alarm some seconds prior to the hour is to give you time enough to tune your radio into the hourly news of your favourite station. A "bad ass" feature somebody here said.

Qsilver7
01-08-2008, 03:01 PM
Yep...3 "pips" sounding 15 seconds before the hour is the HOUR MEMO feature.

A quick look at your OBC will reveal a sound icon in the far right of the display. As others stated, when you are displaying the HOUR in the OBC display, just press the S/R button (the icon should disappear) and that will end the 3 "pips" alarm.

http://www.bimmerboard.com/members/q/original/E34%20OBC%20Hour%20Memo%20symbol.jpg

repenttokyo
01-08-2008, 06:27 PM
it's to remind you to turn the radio to the news, because you are an important business man and must remain informed.