PDA

View Full Version : BMW BUSINESS CD43 in my 89 E34

uscharalph
01-03-2008, 09:09 PM
I know this has been talked about many times and there was already a thread show a walkthrough, but the picture's links had expired.

My next project is to install a business CD43 head unit in my 89 525i. I know the head unit connections don't line up as mine has the older connectors. My plan is to build an adapting harness.

I know I want the cd version of the head unit, but are there different models? I want to be sure to get the best one.

Next up would be adding DICE iPod integration, possibly even the unit which adds HD radio. Another additional add-on would be to install a trunk multi-cd player which would require me routing the appropriate cable. This add-on might be redundant if I can get my iPod connected.

Any tips or suggestions would be welcomed as well as if someone has that writeup (including pictures) where this was done before.

Paul in NZ
01-03-2008, 09:33 PM
the dice part of the recent group buy has an "aux input".
here is the group buy thread (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=32997)
There is apparently a harness you can buy from bmw to adapt any car to the cd43.When i went to the dealer they couldnt tell me what i needed without actually looking at the wiring...they were too busy at the time.