PDA

View Full Version : SRS light on for 5 minutes

Russell
01-03-2008, 12:43 PM
Today I just noticed the SRS light stays on for about 5 minutes before going off. Bentley manual says should go off in 4-6 seconds. Happened before about 3 years ago and had to have reset by indy.

Sensor in seat or seat belt was stated as possible culprit. Believe airbags work when light finally goes off. Anyone Know for sure.

Any other suggestion such as electrical connectors. Where are the connectors or sensors? May try cleaning connections. TIA

Gearhead
07-16-2009, 02:12 PM
Today I just noticed the SRS light stays on for about 5 minutes before going off. Bentley manual says should go off in 4-6 seconds. Happened before about 3 years ago and had to have reset by indy.

Sensor in seat or seat belt was stated as possible culprit. Believe airbags work when light finally goes off. Anyone Know for sure.

Any other suggestion such as electrical connectors. Where are the connectors or sensors? May try cleaning connections. TIA

Russel,

Did you ever tack this down and fix? If so, what what it? TIA

John

Russell
07-16-2009, 08:38 PM
Russel,

Did you ever tack this down and fix? If so, what what it? TIA

John

Not really, I had it reset, and it came back. The seat belt latch is at fault.

ringle
07-26-2009, 08:25 PM
Not really, I had it reset, and it came back. The seat belt latch is at fault.

Definitely the seat belt latch. Just have it reset.

shogun
07-26-2009, 08:29 PM
if the latch is defective, resetting does not help much, as the light comes on again. First repair, then reset, then no more light

ringle
07-26-2009, 08:34 PM
if the latch is defective, resetting does not help much, as the light comes on again. First repair, then reset, then no more light

Try resetting first as many times it solves the issue without the light returning. The latch is more than two bills new at the stealer plus installation!

shogun
10-13-2009, 11:25 PM
Bill R. mentioned some time ago:

If you look at service bulletin 720496 youll see it. Its caused by a broken or damaged circuit board in either the drivers side seat belt latch or the passengers side. If you have code 24 its the drivers side if you have fault code 25 its the passenger side, either way it goes into the default mode which is to trigger both bags in the event of an accident.
IF the system is functioning normally then the seat belt sensors detect if you have a passenger in the car and will turn that bag on or off which would save some money if nobodies on that side then you don't need to trigger the passenger bag.

It affects all models with the ZAE airbag system, e34e36,e38,e31 as of production date 3/94