PDA

View Full Version : OT: It is what it says on the can?

whiskychaser
12-29-2007, 04:33 AM
Grab yourself a bargain at Tesco :)

Dave M
12-29-2007, 04:50 AM
I can see an old piece of mine in there!

Congratulations

Dave M

E34-520iSE
12-29-2007, 09:41 AM
I thought it was all recycled paper anyways!

Cheers,

Shaun M

whiskychaser
12-29-2007, 09:47 AM
I thought it was all recycled paper anyways!

Cheers,

Shaun M
No-that Izal stuff they used to have at school and hospitals had a razor sharp edge. Couldnt have been recycled.

LunatiC
12-29-2007, 10:16 AM
I always thought that they recycle normal paper to make toilet tissue, and not used toilet tissue to make more toilet tissue. It makes more sense that way -- how on earth would you separate **** from wet soggy toilet paper that disintegrates after it's been flushed down anyway?

So I don't think it's a cause for concern that you would find a piece of **** wedged somewhere in the roll -- the paper used in these products have not seen a piece of **** in its life, of course until it gets in contact with your bum.

BTW, not sure about the UK, but here in Australia recycled toilet paper has been around for years.

attack eagle
12-29-2007, 11:30 AM
the paper used in these products have not seen a piece of **** in its life, of course until it gets in contact with your bum.

That simply isn't true... I'm sure some of it came from a barrister's office. :D

whiskychaser
12-29-2007, 12:34 PM
I always thought that they recycle normal paper to make toilet tissue, and not used toilet tissue to make more toilet tissue. It makes more sense that way -- how on earth would you separate **** from wet soggy toilet paper that disintegrates after it's been flushed down anyway?

Lets be blunt. They dont fish out bits of paper and make new toilet roll out of it. Thank goodness! At least I hope they dont. If the ad made you laugh thats a result. If it didnt..maybe next time:)

ryan roopnarine
12-30-2007, 01:23 AM
as one of the prophets at tesco, i'd like to take this opportunity to say that tp is often made from phonebooks, and that if you open your phone book, you might see an indication of such happening.

Nick.Hay
12-30-2007, 03:06 PM
There would be sanitary issues recycling 'used' toilet paper!! I imagine that even if they wanted to recycle used TP (God knows why...), the health and sanitation laws would forbid it.

Barrister's office gag was some pure comic gold too!!