PDA

View Full Version : Euro smileys in Stock US frames

Itsnotme1988
12-25-2007, 02:18 PM
Got These (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140186426098&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:Watchlink:middle:us) for Christmas (yes I know they're cheap). What all do I need to mount them? (what new adjusters etc, and wiring to convert my 9005/9006 system)

Since they're cheap versions, they will be Lamin-X coated and get a coat of black silicone around the lenses. Anything else?

How many adjusters/intermediates do I need to order? I am seeing numbers everywhere, and nothing seems to add up to me. I want to make sure I have EVERYTHING I need so I can just throw them in since the grills are SO MUCH FUN to take off! I want to replace pretty much everything except the frames.

I've got a set of Osram Night Breakers on the way for the lows, going to just run cheap Sylvanias in the highs since I don't use them around Norfolk.... Still need to order my lamin-x. What size bulk sheets do I need? I want enough to clear the lows and french the highs and fogs.

PS: The lights look great except one of the mounting ears is broken. It broke clean though and it's nothing a little JB Weld can't fix!

CharlesAFerg
12-25-2007, 02:31 PM
Got These (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140186426098&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:Watchlink:middle:us) for Christmas (yes I know they're cheap). What all do I need to mount them? (what new adjusters etc, and wiring to convert my 9005/9006 system)

Since they're cheap versions, they will be Lamin-X coated and get a coat of black silicone around the lenses. Anything else?

How many adjusters/intermediates do I need to order? I am seeing numbers everywhere, and nothing seems to add up to me. I want to make sure I have EVERYTHING I need so I can just throw them in since the grills are SO MUCH FUN to take off! I want to replace pretty much everything except the frames.

I've got a set of Osram Night Breakers on the way for the lows, going to just run cheap Sylvanias in the highs since I don't use them around Norfolk.... Still need to order my lamin-x. What size bulk sheets do I need? I want enough to clear the lows and french the highs and fogs.

PS: The lights look great except one of the mounting ears is broken. It broke clean though and it's nothing a little JB Weld can't fix!

Lamin-X has a kit with all 6 pieces, but the fog lights are cut a bit short I noticed, they used the same size as the E39 for the E34 kit.

Oh, and it only took 2 days to get it, they're really fast about shipping!

Itsnotme1988
12-26-2007, 04:32 AM
The lamin-x will be the bulk sheets to make sure I get all the right sizes. I've always heard the kits cut them far too small.

Itsnotme1988
01-04-2008, 05:19 PM
What all do I need to mount them? (what new adjusters etc, and wiring to convert my 9005/9006 system)

?