PDA

View Full Version : Heater ?'s

brianwolf3
12-23-2007, 06:39 AM
I have some questions about the heaters. My heater knobs for the temperature controls dont work. The defrost vents and the floor vents always blow hot air. I have no control over it. Also the Vents on the dash and one on each front door always blow cold air, I have no control over that. Is there anyone who could help me out? Thanks

myles
12-23-2007, 12:25 PM
It sounds like your heater taps are dead; that causes the continuous hot from the demister and foot vents. The always cold on the face vents is a different problem. I assume that you know about the heat control between the two centre vents? If you have that set to hot and its still not working then the mechanism that redirects the face vent air through the heater is not working.

There is always the possibility that the climate control control unit is faulty.

You need to put your car model and year details on your profile too.

brianwolf3
12-23-2007, 09:58 PM
does anyone know where I can buy the climate control? I have a 89 535i.

nirvana19
12-30-2007, 03:49 PM
Have you taken any long drives with the heater on? Mine is also an 89 and the same thing happens, except after the cars been running about 30 minutes the center vents magically blow hot air. I'm assuming something is wrong, but since the defogger and foot vents heat the car I was never too concerned. Oh, also the passenger side center vent starts blowing warm a few minutes before the driver side

About the climate control knobs, if you turn to full cold it still blows hot? My car does the same, but during the summer it blows cool (not cold because the A/C is dead) when the knobs are at cold, and will cook you if you turn the knobs to warm.