PDA

View Full Version : Best $350.00 spent so far on the car.

Black 535i
12-22-2007, 03:10 AM
I used a portion of my Xmas bonus to make a few minor repairs on my car that I have wanted to for quite some time yesterday. I had my mechanic replace all the shifter bushings and linkages since there was so much play in that area. Even when I was in gear the shifter could still wobble 30 degrees from side to side. Now it is more like 5-10 degrees and much tighter shifting. Also he replaced both sway bar links since one was broken from driving our great Chicago roads. Now the front feels tighter than ever. I thought it was the control arm bushings that needed replacement but after switching the links out I don't see the need to do the arms. All the rattling and noise in the front is now gone as well. Check your sway bar links guys as they are much cheaper and easier to replace as well!

mikell
12-22-2007, 03:34 AM
Amazing how those little clearances increase little by little to over time, and wonderful to get the tolerances back to stock - welcome back to the real BMW experience! Congratulations on a good choice.

Black 535i
12-22-2007, 05:59 AM
I have 205,245 miles and doesn't burn a drop of extra oil at all! Changed every 5 k with synthetic.

gjmane36
12-22-2007, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the good information. What your milage?