PDA

View Full Version : M30 Engine Fuel Leaking

e34m30SF
12-19-2007, 08:26 PM
Anyone experienced this really cool intoxicating smell of gasoline?? The past M30 as well as my current one seems to have this problem. it's the tiny rubber fuel hose towards the firewall, if you're standing on the driver's side looking into the engine bay. it's about an inch long, and for whatever reason it just likes to leak. i want to change it myself but i'm afraid of gas spewing out everywhere and creating a big giant mess, which in hindsight is no less dangerous than a pool of gas next to my hot engine block..

anyone have any advice?

Jeff N.
12-19-2007, 08:54 PM
yeah. you need to fix it.

you'll need to loosen the hard pipe connection under the intake manifold. 10mm bolt. undo it then undo the clamps on that 1 inch line. replace it. be sure to use fuel injection clamps and pressure rated (fuel injection) hose. don't use regular low pressure fuel line.

if you leave the car parked for 3 or 4 hours before you do all this, you'll have minimal residual pressure in the fuel lines. it will still bleed out a fair amount of fuel (< 1 cup) so have some rags handy.

jeff

kick7ca
12-20-2007, 05:19 AM
or discontect the fuel pump with the engine idling to remove pressure from the system