PDA

View Full Version : Driveshaft Vibration - gone??

dave b
12-12-2007, 06:35 PM
I had a slight vibration for a while that was diagnosed as driveshaft balancing issue (most likely). Car would vibrate from down below while accelerating through 2000 rpms in 2nd gear. Now, the problem is gone and car feels fine. Can the driveshaft magically rebalance itself?

thanks,
dave b

attack eagle
12-13-2007, 09:19 PM
no, but something stuck to or wrapped around the shaft can come back off.
I once had to spend an hour scraping a melted plastic bag off the driveshaft on my DSM, just got very unlucky when I drove over it and it got sucked up onto the shaft and exhaust.

Gearhead
12-19-2007, 10:34 AM
Dave,

Interesting you bring this up. I have an intermittent driveshaft vibration as well. Now that it's getting colder, it seems to happen more frequently. Anyone know if this might this be the Guibo being as the rubber would react differently when cold vs. after it warms up?

weiss_535is
12-20-2007, 01:19 PM
Dave,

Interesting you bring this up. I have an intermittent driveshaft vibration as well. Now that it's getting colder, it seems to happen more frequently. Anyone know if this might this be the Guibo being as the rubber would react differently when cold vs. after it warms up?

That's what it was on mine, don't know if it was the weather or not but over a period of a few months would be there, then suddenly gone for a while. Had it replaced and was all good

Gearhead
12-21-2007, 02:44 AM
That's what it was on mine, don't know if it was the weather or not but over a period of a few months would be there, then suddenly gone for a while. Had it replaced and was all good

Thanks Weiss, looks like I know what I'm doing next week.

Ross
12-21-2007, 06:56 AM
Yup, mine looks like a lump of **** with bolts in it yet usually won't vibrate. I'm thinking every change from vibrating or not is probably another chunk shed from it. I'm hoping to nurse it a while longer.