PDA

View Full Version : Passenger Seat

EngPhys09
12-10-2007, 05:38 PM
My passenger seat stopped working suddenly the other day. Now I've had this problem before and was a simple fuse issue.
I checked the fuses under the rear seat and they are all good, does anyone have some suggestions? Maybe something i'm not thinking about?

Kalevera
12-10-2007, 09:07 PM
Check the connectors for corrosion.

True. I've seen wet carpet do this. After 12+ years, lots of nastiness gets under the seats.

shogun
12-10-2007, 11:14 PM
Check the connectors for corrosion. I once had that on my car, it was the relay under the rear seat for passenger seat (location refers to E32).
Just switched both relais between right and left seat, and the other side was dead, installed new relay, worked perfect.

EngPhys09
12-11-2007, 05:59 AM
True. I've seen wet carpet do this. After 12+ years, lots of nastiness gets under the seats.

Where is this relay, in the back of the seat or under the seat?
I had to passengers, in the car one in the seat and one behind it, all of a sudden the seat stop moving.

Claude
12-11-2007, 11:17 AM
My passenger seat stopped working suddenly the other day. Now I've had this problem before and was a simple fuse issue.
I checked the fuses under the rear seat and they are all good, does anyone have some suggestions? Maybe something i'm not thinking about?

May be the adjusting seat switch (bad or intermittent contact), but usually that start for one of the seat directions (forward, backward, upward...) but not for all of them the same time in such a case i would also suspect fuses or bad connector or bad cabling