PDA

View Full Version : windsheild wiper bottle repair

Kibokojoe
12-08-2007, 05:18 PM
Anyone have any success with repairing a windsheild wiper bottle? I have a small crack and it drains the bottle.

genphreak
12-08-2007, 06:03 PM
Anyone have any success with repairing a windsheild wiper bottle? I have a small crack and it drains the bottle.The crack is down the bottom. Drizzle some silicone into the bottle at the right angle to coat the bottom near the bottle's lower body mount. I tried on the outside and it didn't work... I used Hylomar, but silicone would be fine. (make sure you clena the bottle with some shaken hot detergent laced water, then let it dry for a few days in a dry spot before drizzling in the silicone. It is the only way to a lasting repair if yours is a stress-related/age fracture like mine. :) Nick

Kibokojoe
12-08-2007, 11:52 PM
I never knew silicone would flow???

shogun
12-09-2007, 12:25 AM
Or use a hot glue gun. I even have seen someone using a soldering iron, some additional plastic to melt and add and he fixed it.

genphreak
12-09-2007, 04:35 AM
Or use a hot glue gun. I even have seen someone using a soldering iron, some additional plastic to melt and add and he fixed it.Yes, great idea- I like the solering iron one especially. The problem I had was working out where the crack was - it was amazingly well camoflaged.

dennyg
12-09-2007, 02:31 PM
I have a free spare one. Used the washer pump out of it for my car but bottle is fine. Just pay me the cost to ship of five or so.

Kibokojoe
01-20-2009, 11:19 AM
Thougth I would close this one up. I never had any success with sealing the cracked bottle with either glue, silicone or welding. Seem that the windsheild wiper fluid had seeped into the plastic and would not allow for a good weld. I found another bottle on ebay for a few bucks and bought it.

shogun
01-20-2009, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the feedback after such a long time. YES, we need feedback, otherwise no help for the next one who might ask the same question.