PDA

View Full Version : So, I decided to badge the elekta

Elekta
12-08-2007, 11:06 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/ggil-tx/DSCN5224.jpg

But just for us E34 lovers :D

I know I haven't removed the stickum from the euro plate yet, and my rear wiper is busted hence the 12 o'clock position, and the tow cover has a busted clip, and I put a sticker on it from my kids elementary school (but that's for parking security, though I did cut it down to just the casis cougar)

I know you guys like to white out plates, but this one is the exception.

now if I could just get some clear tails and paint those rails, she'd be a little closer to being ready for show. For she's just go go goes

cheers everyone

geoff

Qube
12-08-2007, 11:11 AM
+1 looks good!

Dave M
12-08-2007, 02:17 PM
$hit thats beautiful. Is Texas a lone Elekta state? Can't imagine there are too many out there. You've probably already enlightened us, but how many are there in the US?

Oh, and no clear tails, I enjoy the all red look.

Go Cougars!

DAve M

Paul in NZ
12-08-2007, 04:45 PM
did you ever tell us a story geoff?

bubba966
12-09-2007, 10:41 AM
Take a little lighter fuel to what's left of that adhesive on the trunk.

http://www.ronsoncorp.com/accessories.cfm

Put it on a paper towel and rub off the adhesive & sticker. It'll get it clean in no time and won't eat the paint up. Though I'd want to wash it right after to make sure you get any possible naptha residue off.

repenttokyo
12-09-2007, 11:08 AM
the solid red tails look really nice, wish i had those on my car.

BuckNaked
12-09-2007, 12:35 PM
+1 for the lighter fluid. Last spring when I detailed, before I clayed, I removed all the road tar on the lowers with a mf towel and lighter fluid. Worked great and left no marks or residue.

Elekta
12-09-2007, 05:59 PM
$hit thats beautiful. Is Texas a lone Elekta state? Can't imagine there are too many out there. You've probably already enlightened us, but how many are there in the US?

Oh, and no clear tails, I enjoy the all red look.

Go Cougars!

DAve M

I think there are two Elekta's and 5 or 6 M5T's total in the US, with the exception of the 4 that Saliya Federalizing....but all in all there will be only about 10 in the US this time next year.

It is truly one of the most satisfying purchases I ever made, better than the 67 duetto I had in college, better than the '75 20ga belgian browning....

and those tails are amber. There are no all red oem touring lenses. That is bollocks from some NL'ers who think they know everything.

repenttokyo
12-10-2007, 05:53 AM
I think there are two Elekta's and 5 or 6 M5T's total in the US, with the exception of the 4 that Saliya Federalizing....but all in all there will be only about 10 in the US this time next year.

It is truly one of the most satisfying purchases I ever made, better than the 67 duetto I had in college, better than the '75 20ga belgian browning....

and those tails are amber. There are no all red oem touring lenses. That is bollocks from some NL'ers who think they know everything.

What are NL'ers? I don't see any orange in your photo, maybe the colours aren't so good?

Elekta
12-10-2007, 07:33 AM
There are easily as many tourings in the Netherlands (NL) as there are in Germany or the US

repenttokyo
12-10-2007, 08:10 AM
ah - is this a joke then? if so, I don't get it. Just wanted to compliment you on what i thought were all - red lenses.

Panzer Captain
12-10-2007, 06:08 PM
Looks awesome, man! Very jealous! What a wicked ride!

BTW - any chance you can give us the Part # on that Euro plate filler?

Elekta
12-10-2007, 07:17 PM
Looks awesome, man! Very jealous! What a wicked ride!

BTW - any chance you can give us the Part # on that Euro plate filler?
I'd have to take it off to read the back of it. So, no ;) but you can plug my M5T VIN BLO1908 into the realoem and find it I'm sure.

I will take back my old seats if you still have them....just throw the rear clears in the box with them whydoncha?

How was the tow?

later,gng

attack eagle
12-12-2007, 11:09 PM
What are NL'ers? I don't see any orange in your photo, maybe the colours aren't so good?
I do, plain as day.
Geoff someone posted (on bf.c i think) that they finally got in touch with radicast... you just might get a set of clears after all.

leicesterboy15
12-13-2007, 03:34 AM
Car looks great! Whats an Elekta? I thought the wiper in the middle was a mod!

I have only ever seen one touring with clear rears and the guy said he ordered them from NL and they were bloody expensive!

I had all red on mine, I sprayed the amber with light spray. I did it on my saloon and it looked really good, it seemed to hold really well as well. When I did it on my touring it looked just as good but only lasted a couple of months. I guess I didn't clean them enough before spraying and maybe didn't put enough coats on.

Elekta
12-13-2007, 04:37 AM
I do, plain as day.
Geoff someone posted (on bf.c i think) that they finally got in touch with radicast... you just might get a set of clears after all.

link?

BMWDriver
12-13-2007, 09:39 AM
Car looks great! Whats an Elekta?

+1

BMWDriver
12-13-2007, 09:40 AM
Wikipedia excerpt:

Elekta - 20 M5 Tourings were assembled for distribution in Italy. These were finished in either Sterling Silver over Marine Blue leather or British Racing Green over Tobacco leather. All were made in 1995. It is debated as to whether or not these cars constitute a true special edition as they were ordered directly by a group of Italian BMW dealers.

Elekta
12-13-2007, 03:11 PM
Wikipedia excerpt:

Elekta - 20 M5 Tourings were assembled for distribution in Italy. These were finished in either Sterling Silver over Marine Blue leather or British Racing Green over Tobacco leather. All were made in 1995. It is debated as to whether or not these cars constitute a true special edition as they were ordered directly by a group of Italian BMW dealers.

What the wiki misses is that there were 20 BMW individual M5T's made out of 891 total M5T's. That's 2% of a brand or less. That's less than the 540LE (limited edition).

If elekta's were steak, it'd be the rarest prime rib of all.

debate that

Elekta
12-13-2007, 05:48 PM
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=887314
Daniel, he's the one I bought my first pair from

Have my spare buckets ready...:p

thanks, AE

attack eagle
12-13-2007, 11:31 PM
link?
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=887314

Qube
12-14-2007, 07:59 AM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh... for ignorant people like me...

What is an E34 M5 Touring "Elekta" edition?

At the request of several Italian BMW dealers, a limited edition of 20 E34 M5 Touring "Elekta" editions was produced by BMW Individual exclusively for the Italian market in June and July of 1995. These were offered in a choice of two unique color schemes: Sterling Silver metallic (244) with a Marine Blue Nappa leather interior and matching carpeting or British Racing Green (312) with a Hazlenut Nappa leather interior and Mexico Green carpeting. Both schemes also included a black leather dashboard and door tops, but not the leather A-pillar trim, sun visors and Alcantara headliner normally fitted to E34 M5s with the Complete leather option. In addition to a special storage net in the passenger-side footwell, all of these Tourings were further equipped with the three-spoke steering wheel, Shadowline trim, roof rails, dual power sunroof, power front seats with driver-side memory, auto-dimming interior mirror, radio preparation, hi-fi speaker system, headlight washers and automatic climate control with automatic air recirculation. Some examples were also fitted with a special metal shift knob insert inscribed with "Elekta" and each unique car number in the edition of 20.

BMWDriver
12-14-2007, 08:17 AM
I was wondering about that too. Good job Qube, and thanks for the enlightenment.