PDA

View Full Version : New Exhaust System

jbw535i
05-18-2004, 08:16 PM
Well my exhaust is about shot so I am looking on getting a new one. From pasts posts it seems like both B&B Triflo and Supersprint received good press from the E34 crowd.

Could anyone give me their thoughts on differences between the two, durability, loudness, etc... thanks,

Brian

TimGinCentralNJ
05-19-2004, 07:04 AM
...in a nutshell, it was louder than hell, and not in a good way. The thing was brand new when I bought my last '88 535is and even at highway speeds, it was even too damn loud. I like a nice throaty exhaust, but this was too much.

Just my $.02

Rgds,
Tim
'91 535iM

Well my exhaust is about shot so I am looking on getting a new one. From pasts posts it seems like both B&B Triflo and Supersprint received good press from the E34 crowd.

Could anyone give me their thoughts on differences between the two, durability, loudness, etc... thanks,

Brian

Bruno
05-19-2004, 11:37 AM
I love it, nice deep noise up to 2000 RMP then much quieter, they really did a good job on this exhaust...

jjg43
05-19-2004, 01:06 PM

Brian I am thinking about getting an exhaust also and wonder if the Triflow is alot louder. I used to have an E36 w/ a Triflow and it was loud as hell. I am wondering if the SS is a better pick and if it is the quieter one?

Warren N.CA
05-19-2004, 05:49 PM
OEM, which also will likely outlast the others. The aftermarket ones are a
bit lighter. Folks in the know say that the OEM gives as good performance as any.

Brian

Tiger
05-19-2004, 06:18 PM
Both are louder than OEM...

jbw535i
05-20-2004, 09:25 AM
After doing some more research I will stick with an OEM muffler for now. Does anyone know of any places that sell either the Boysen or Eberspacher Mufflers? So far I have only found www.precisonautoparts.com Eberspacher [2 pieces center & rear muffler & 2 seal rings ] $648 and www.eap4parts.com Eberspacher Muffler Center Section $169 Muffler Rear Section $199 but they are closed until 5/31 and are out of stock anyway.

One other question - has anyone ever orderered a catalytic converter from either of these sites www.catalyticconverter.net or www.catalyticonverters.com. Both have pretty good prices on a replacement catalytic converters.

thanks,

Brian

shragon
05-20-2004, 01:15 PM
i like my supersprint. a lil louder and deeper than stock, but doesn't drone in the cabin. screems at WOT.

most people will say triflo is overly loud.