PDA

View Full Version : @#$% Window motor. Idoit needs help

Andy
05-18-2004, 07:07 PM
The second day I have my 95 525i not only does someone steal my hood emblem (luckily they didn't damage the hood) but my kid rolls down the rear window and it won't roll back up. It runs, but just clicks and jiggles the window. That was before I read the thread here about slamming the door while holding the window button down. So I take it apart, thinking I can find the problem. I pull the motor out of the little gear box, all looks fine. But now I cannot re-assemble it. The worm gear will not go back in even if I spin the actuator gear and try to seat it in.

Anyone know the trick? Or should I just pitch it. If so, does a new motor come with a gear box?

Thanks!

Bill R.
05-18-2004, 07:20 PM
http://www.bimmernut.com/%7Ebillr/images/window2.jpg
The second day I have my 95 525i not only does someone steal my hood emblem (luckily they didn't damage the hood) but my kid rolls down the rear window and it won't roll back up. It runs, but just clicks and jiggles the window. That was before I read the thread here about slamming the door while holding the window button down. So I take it apart, thinking I can find the problem. I pull the motor out of the little gear box, all looks fine. But now I cannot re-assemble it. The worm gear will not go back in even if I spin the actuator gear and try to seat it in.

Anyone know the trick? Or should I just pitch it. If so, does a new motor come with a gear box?

Thanks!