PDA

View Full Version : Battery Recharge

Barney Paull-Edwards
12-01-2007, 03:03 AM
Charge it off the terminal under the bonnet and a good earth, no problems.

Pang
12-01-2007, 05:50 AM
Gidday Guys
Can the battery in a 530i which is under the backseat be recharged from the positive terminal in the engine department.If so,what is the best way to go about it?

Qsilver7
12-02-2007, 10:43 AM
connect positive charger cable to postive post under hood...and connect the negative charger cable to one of the nuts on the shock tower under the hood.

BMWCCA1
12-02-2007, 10:59 AM
I'm certain most of you know this already but it bears repeating: Check the water level in the battery first. Won't do you any good to charge a battery with the cells exposed. And charge for a long time with a small charge rate as opposed to a fast charge at a high amp rate. Deltra Battery Tender Plus is my chosen method for a maintenance charge. You can probably even charge a battery with one of those connected through your cigar lighter.

Now if you're asking because the car won't start, then you really should check the battery first. You can jump from the engine compartment connection but it won't tell you what shape your battery is in. And remember, too, that under-the-seat batteries MUST be vented to the exterior of the car, even before charging.

Pang
12-02-2007, 04:47 PM
Thanks Guys
Job done

dennyg
12-02-2007, 10:14 PM
Cigar chargers (slow rate) from sears are nice. You don't pop off the back seat or keep hood up. 25 bucks when I bought one.