PDA

View Full Version : sorry about the outages

Barney Paull-Edwards
11-30-2007, 03:02 PM
Neat forum, look at the foreign posters for proof.Somehow I cannot see an E39/90/92 forum having such usefull info, and friendly people.

Bimmer Nut Ed
11-30-2007, 03:55 PM
sorry guys, I putting in another indusctial grade server this weekend

The one I just put in keeps crashing

Jeff N.
11-30-2007, 05:21 PM
All I can say is thanks for keeping us running!

Maybe you should post a pic of the vaunted bimmer.info server so we can all bow down!

Paul in NZ
11-30-2007, 05:46 PM
I am mindfull of the effort required to keep a forum like this.I administer(only) a very small site compared to this and I beleive we owe you a huge debt of gratitude.

uscharalph
11-30-2007, 06:17 PM
As long as we're up now. Thanks!

Dragunov
11-30-2007, 06:19 PM
Kudos for keeping us running, Ed

Robin-535im
11-30-2007, 06:20 PM
All I can say is thanks for keeping us running!

Maybe you should post a pic of the vaunted bimmer.info server so we can all bow down!
Yeah - wouldn't that be odd to actually see the hardware on which the whole board runs? Strange to think of it in those terms, that all our interactions are hosted on that one box somewhere in Ed's basement. Hopefully there are some bimmer.info bumper stickers on it at least :)

timandbim
11-30-2007, 06:33 PM
thanks, ed - very much... this is an awesome forum.

Paul in NZ
11-30-2007, 06:57 PM
+1
+2

artguy
11-30-2007, 09:24 PM
You provide this site free of charge, which is an awesome benefit for all of us who use it. All you get in return is the headaches of maintaining it.

Thank You.

Bimmer Nut Ed
11-30-2007, 09:46 PM
Thanks guys.

My previous message was posted via my iPhone, therefore typo's.

Anyway, we currently run on a small Compaq PC connected to a white box DB MySQL server. The new server will be a nice commercial grade HP server. I'll post pics once I get it all together.

Thanks for understanding guys. Yeah, this is a great site. Just glad to be part of it.

shogun
11-30-2007, 10:02 PM
How about some donations for ED to finance at least a part of his cost to keep the server running and update it?
Any small amount will help him.
Same is done on BB to help David to run and upgrate. There is a link on BB saying 'Make a donation' and if you click that, there are the details.
People who donate get a small BMW logo next to their name (if they wish so).
Make a link for donations, Ed, and see what people donate, 5-10 $or even more should be possible for all.
People have saved so much money from the help here and without this board there would be a few E34 less on the road.
Just my 2 Cents.

GJPinAU
11-30-2007, 10:08 PM
Just my 2 Cents.
C'mon Shogun, you can afford more than that :D

And Ed, thanks for all you've done and doing to keep this going.

Greg

trumpetr
11-30-2007, 10:16 PM
How about some donations for ED to finance at least a part of his cost to keep the server running and update it?
Any small amount will help him.
Same is done on BB to help David to run and upgrate. There is a link on BB saying 'Make a donation' and if you click that, there are the details.
People who donate get a small BMW logo next to their name (if they wish so).
Make a link for donations, Ed, and see what people donate, 5-10 $or even more should be possible for all.
People have saved so much money from the help here and without this board there would be a few E34 less on the road.
Just my 2 Cents.

+1

Morgenster
12-03-2007, 05:02 AM
+1

+1 if it means you could get something better than HP. We've seen nothing but trouble with those at work.

brosher
12-03-2007, 11:12 AM
Thanks!

BFEINZIMER
12-03-2007, 12:34 PM
Last night I broke into Ed's place and snapped this picture:

http://content.answers.com/main/content/img/CDE/_COMPAQ.GIF SICCCC :p

Seriously tho Ed, thanks so much for everything!!

Thanks guys.

My previous message was posted via my iPhone, therefore typo's.

Anyway, we currently run on a small Compaq PC connected to a white box DB MySQL server. The new server will be a nice commercial grade HP server. I'll post pics once I get it all together.

Thanks for understanding guys. Yeah, this is a great site. Just glad to be part of it.

Bimmer Nut Ed
12-03-2007, 04:13 PM
Crazy as it sounds Zimmer, I do have one of those Compaq's burried somewhere up in the attic! Thought it was cool. One of the first portables. Comes on wheels! lol

And yeah, I will add a donations link. Maybe Wednesday.

I am implementing another new server, started it yesterday. Had a bad hard drive so I could not get mirroring going. It'll prolly go in Wednesday, then no more outages, hopefully.