PDA

View Full Version : ABS Problem.

Barney Paull-Edwards
11-30-2007, 03:01 AM
Having stripped all the front end down preparatory to long trip,I managed to drop front right leg having run out of strength,no biggy I thought, but upon re-assembling it all and road-testing, the ABS light flashed for the first time. Next day the light stayed on.My diagnosis is that I have damaged the ABS wire to sensor but does anybody have a test method to properly diagnose whether I`me in the sh*t or not?

Barney Paull-Edwards
11-30-2007, 02:53 PM
Good idea, thanks.If the bloody weather will allow me to get to shed!

whiskychaser
11-30-2007, 04:14 PM
Having stripped all the front end down preparatory to long trip,I managed to drop front right leg having run out of strength,no biggy I thought, but upon re-assembling it all and road-testing, the ABS light flashed for the first time. Next day the light stayed on.My diagnosis is that I have damaged the ABS wire to sensor but does anybody have a test method to properly diagnose whether I`me in the sh*t or not?
Yeah. Use a multimeter on ohms range and get readings from the other wheels for comparison. Not done a BM but they are normally in the 5-700 ohm range. Bet you find the one you dropped is off the scale:(