RallyD
11-29-2007, 06:21 PM
before shadowline
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h30/rallyd/IMG_1363.jpg

new lenses
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h30/rallyd/IMG_1350.jpg

after
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h30/rallyd/IMG_1380.jpg

its just the tape. $4 at AutoBarn. Used 2 rolls. Hairdryer to stretch for the curves. Not recommended in temps below 50* Prep w/ alcohol and wipe w/ tack cloth. I like it but it is darker than the rubber and my faded rear window trim. For $10 and an hour, it is an improvement over the oxidized trim and cut the bling factor to acceptable range.

the lenses are plastic and from bmwlight.com
I pulled out the reflector ring around the projector and put in silverstar ultras. The output is amazing compared to my old pitted lenses and worn out bulbs.

filip00
11-29-2007, 06:30 PM
i like it. i shadowlined my car using MAT black spray, and the result is great. such a cooler look than other regular chromelined e34's here.

Sam-Son
11-29-2007, 07:29 PM
looks great love the wheels

Black 535i
11-29-2007, 07:58 PM
Word.

CharlesAFerg
11-29-2007, 08:16 PM
Explain how you "pulled out the projector ring". You literally removed a piece for good, and left it out?

Kind of off-topic, but could guy guys imagine what it would look like if we didn't have such tubby-tubby front bumpers???

RallyD
11-30-2007, 10:37 AM
Explain how you "pulled out the projector ring". You literally removed a piece for good, and left it out?

Kind of off-topic, but could guy guys imagine what it would look like if we didn't have such tubby-tubby front bumpers???
yup. Behind the glass there, er was this plastic chrome ring. I was cleaning the projector and wanted to remove the chrome piece so I didn't damage it and it broke. So I held the new plastic lens on the housing and liked the dark, x-ray look better than with the us spec non smiley dummy ring. I have driven another car in front of this one and the beam is very controlled, if anything there is extra splash of light on ground. The plastic lenses have the euro pattern so why not take advantage of it.

Is it the same bumper for U.S. as it is in other parts of the world? The e28 was certainly different, I just never noticed on the e34

CharlesAFerg
11-30-2007, 04:11 PM
yup. Behind the glass there, er was this plastic chrome ring. I was cleaning the projector and wanted to remove the chrome piece so I didn't damage it and it broke. So I held the new plastic lens on the housing and liked the dark, x-ray look better than with the us spec non smiley dummy ring. I have driven another car in front of this one and the beam is very controlled, if anything there is extra splash of light on ground. The plastic lenses have the euro pattern so why not take advantage of it.

Is it the same bumper for U.S. as it is in other parts of the world? The e28 was certainly different, I just never noticed on the e34

Bumpers are the same.... I just always wonder.