PDA

View Full Version : Hankook Ice Bears W300

JMI
11-29-2007, 11:08 AM
Anyone with these tires have any comments?

TIA

Jim

JMI
11-30-2007, 03:30 PM
Bump

tim s
12-01-2007, 10:42 AM
the ws-50 was the only one in the e34 size & weight load & they are discontinued. they are being replaced by a different model not available for the e34.
i just bought my second set.
i got 4 winters from the first set & might have been able to get a fifth, but i chose to buy a new set.
they have never left me stuck.
i actually pulled my brothers izusu trooper out of the snow when his 4 wheel drive broke.
i live in north east pennsylvania.
hope this helps
tim s.

Tiger
12-01-2007, 11:31 AM
I know that tire... great grip, but super buttery numb steering. Bridgestone wear out fast and only good for half thread... other lower half is all season performance only.

Go with Nokian Hakkapelita RSi or any of the Hakka for that matter.

Ross
12-01-2007, 04:02 PM
One of my cars came with a set of Hakkas that I've installed on the 535(manual & LSD)that came with baldies.
The first snow of the season is falling as I write this. I'll give feedback on them later.
This will be my first winter with actual snow tires, always managed without. Perhaps an epiphany?

Black 535i
12-02-2007, 10:49 AM
We had a combination of 3" of snow and ice yesterday in Chicago and I never felt a problem with these new snows yesterday at all. So far so good with these. I just keep looking in the rearview for the people who cannot stop on their summers so that I may get out of the way. Saw a few good accidents yesterday as well. They handle really well on the dry road as well thought there is more lean to the car than normal.

BuckNaked
12-02-2007, 04:30 PM
Got the ws50's. Very happy with the ride and snow performance. They are very soft, though. I can't imagine getting any more than 4 seasons, especially since in Buffalo the season lasts 5 months.