PDA

View Full Version : :: Insurance is screwed up

spyrot1
11-28-2007, 08:45 PM
Does "no road" mean you don't drive it?

Qube
11-28-2007, 11:44 PM
Called up RBC today to get coverage for the car when I take delivery on the 10th. It's CHEAPER to keep the e34 on pure comprehensive coverage (no road), than to get rid of it.

That is, keep the Focus and e39 full coverage, and the e34 only theft/fire/vandalism etc. It's about $10 bucks cheaper a month. $282 a mo.

If I kept only the Focus and e39, it's $10 more. $292 a mo.

Go figure.

e34.535i.sport
11-29-2007, 03:33 PM
Insurance is screwed up alright... I find it lik one of those pubs you go to where the same round costs you a different amount everytime you go to the bar... They pretty much make it up as they go along!

Qube
11-29-2007, 06:36 PM
Does "no road" mean you don't drive it?

Yeppers.

repenttokyo
11-30-2007, 01:21 PM
It makes sense if you consider it from their perspective:

If you have a vehicle that you are not driving, yet keep comprehensive coverage, what you are doing is giving them an opportunity for more claims. Since the vehicle is going to be sitting, it may be a target for vandalism or theft. A claim like that could raise you premiums overall - and since the car won't be on the road, the insurance company won't have to pay out for any claims against you that they might have had if the car were to be involved in an accident.

They offer you this incentive in order to increase the chance of raising your premiums across the board.

whiskychaser
11-30-2007, 04:21 PM
Insurance is screwed up alright... I find it lik one of those pubs you go to where the same round costs you a different amount everytime you go to the bar... They pretty much make it up as they go along!
There is a correlation between how many times you go to the bar and memory loss. If I can only find the chart....

Qube
11-30-2007, 07:29 PM
It makes sense if you consider it from their perspective:

If you have a vehicle that you are not driving, yet keep comprehensive coverage, what you are doing is giving them an opportunity for more claims. Since the vehicle is going to be sitting, it may be a target for vandalism or theft. A claim like that could raise you premiums overall - and since the car won't be on the road, the insurance company won't have to pay out for any claims against you that they might have had if the car were to be involved in an accident.

They offer you this incentive in order to increase the chance of raising your premiums across the board.

That makes sense. The bastards!