PDA

View Full Version : Is this forum's clock whacky?

BMWCCA1
11-26-2007, 08:03 PM
Anyone else noticed the forum clock a bit off? I seem to get threads with the order of the posts all confused and when I reply my post shows a time several hours earlier than the correct time and it is placed in the wrong order. I don't think it's me since the main page clock shows the same time zone as me and it's off by two hours and forty minutes right now. Anything I can do?

repenttokyo
11-26-2007, 08:24 PM
the database has been messed up for about a week now.

Sam-Son
11-27-2007, 08:32 AM
I'd say its moe than a week but the clock can't seem to get it right any idea whats going on or when it'll be fixed

632 Regal
11-27-2007, 09:16 AM
the clock did work one day, maybe 2 years ago IIRC

632 Regal
11-27-2007, 01:07 PM
no, the servers smoke crack. Like I said the time is never correct.
edit: 1:55 too slow as its based in Chicago.
The forum software is several versions out of date. vbulletin is currently at 3.6.8. Is this part of the problem?

whiskychaser
11-27-2007, 02:01 PM
Anyone else noticed the forum clock a bit off? I seem to get threads with the order of the posts all confused and when I reply my post shows a time several hours earlier than the correct time and it is placed in the wrong order. I don't think it's me since the main page clock shows the same time zone as me and it's off by two hours and forty minutes right now. Anything I can do?
Think the very nice chaps who run this fine site (and dont charge me anything for using it) are aware and doing their best to sort it. Must admit I find 02.16pm -time of your post- a little strange but sure I can live with it:)

BMWCCA1
11-27-2007, 03:00 PM
I logged out and logged back in. Now it seems to be off by exactly an hour. That's an improvement. Let's see how it clocks this post!

Edit: seems to be off by Daylight Savings time differential now.

Vanguard
11-27-2007, 03:24 PM
The forum software is several versions out of date. vbulletin is currently at 3.6.8. Is this part of the problem?

GoldenOne
11-27-2007, 09:10 PM
yeah i noticed that problem too...a temp (or permanent if you like it) is change the thread preference to hybrid mode

BFEINZIMER
11-27-2007, 11:48 PM
yea it get me pissed off but hey its free so i cant say much :P

BMWCCA1
02-19-2008, 06:58 PM
So what's the deal? It's getting so hard to follow threads here and their display defeats the purpose of posting in a forum format. Is anyone working on the problem? I'm on a few other vBulletin boards that don't have this problem. Is there a solution? Other forums are using 3.6.7 and this group is 3.5.1, if this could be the issue. Anything we can do from our own user control panel end to help?

(edit:) I just posted this and the time stamp is three hours and 42 minutes earlier than actual. Hmm.

Sam-Son
02-19-2008, 08:57 PM
so to sum up... whats the problem?

winfred
02-19-2008, 10:46 PM
it was doing this **** a few weeks ago real bad and ed gave everything a tune up and it was fixed but it's starting to **** up again

So what's the deal? It's getting so hard to follow threads here and their display defeats the purpose of posting in a forum format. Is anyone working on the problem? I'm on a few other vBulletin boards that don't have this problem. Is there a solution? Other forums are using 3.6.7 and this group is 3.5.1, if this could be the issue. Anything we can do from our own user control panel end to help?

(edit:) I just posted this and the time stamp is three hours and 42 minutes earlier than actual. Hmm.

dacoyote
02-20-2008, 11:27 AM
so to sum up... whats the problem?

The forum is sad because Regal isn't posting...

632 Regal
02-21-2008, 01:34 AM
he is posting but dealing with his sons blood disorder, his asian fince with a time period of 13 hours ahead chat schedules and struggling in a stock market that the pros cant handle... hate when they call him up asking what he has in the plans...
The forum is sad because Regal isn't posting... Ohley crap im still up??? WHo is Dacoyote anyways?

Edit Hahaha says 1:34 and is clearly 5:27 here 1 hour ahead of the Chicago server.

dacoyote
02-21-2008, 08:17 AM
...WHo is Dacoyote anyways?

It is a sad day when the master forgets the apprentice