PDA

View Full Version : New member, my car, questions

Antrieb
11-25-2007, 03:09 PM
Is that car turbo'd?

Check out m-parallel wheels, throwing stars, style 5's. These are popular OEM 17 and 18 inch wheels and you can get them all staggered.

If you want CSL wheels, there are a couple places that sell replicas. I'm not sure if they make e34 fitment CSL's but its worth a search.

Macv
11-25-2007, 04:23 PM
How long have you been the owner? Was the PO a bf.c member?

Macv
11-25-2007, 04:36 PM
thats what I thought... why in the world did he sell that beauty?

You picked up one of the hottest e34s out there.

atlfokus
11-25-2007, 05:22 PM
Hey guys, I recently acquired this beauty from a guy in knoxville. She's an 89 535i. I just wanted to introduce myself, I've heard many good things about this forum. I was wondering if its possible to fit the new m3 CSL wheels onto e34s? I love these wheels but they are too rough on the streets in atlanta. What is the best setup for wheels you guys think, I want to go 18s but what is the best staggered setup? 8.5F/9.5R? What is the best offset as well? Sorry if I sound like a super noob.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h155/atlfokus/n39601689_32234021_278.jpg

atlfokus
11-25-2007, 05:36 PM
Thanks, yes the car has a 745 k27 turbo kit.

What is the best place to find some m-pars? ebay?

BuckNaked
11-25-2007, 05:41 PM
That's one helluva ride you got there.
I did a little googling and came up with this:

WHY SOME VEHICLES THAT SHOULD PASS AN EMISSIONS TEST DO NOT

Most vehicles that are in good running condition and properly maintained should pass an emissions test. In some cases, though, minor problems may cause the vehicle to fail an emissions test. These include:

Engine and/or converter not at operating temperature. If a vehicle is only driven a short distance to the test facility, it may not be warm enough for the engine to be at normal operating temperature and/or the converter at light-off temperature. This will affect the emissions of the engine and may cause it to fail. Excessive idling while waiting in a test lane may also cause the catalytic converter and/or oxygen sensor to cool down enough where they may not control emissions properly causing higher than normal readings.
Idle speed too high. A few hundred rpm can sometimes make the difference between passing and failing an emissions test if emissions are marginal.
Dirty air filter. A restricted air filter will choke off the engines air supply, causing higher than normal CO readings.
Worn or dirty spark plugs. Excessive plug gap and fouling deposits can create ignition misfire resulting in excessive HC emissions.
Dirty oil. The oil in the crankcase can become badly contaminated with gasoline if a vehicle has been subject to a lot of short trip driving, especially during cold weather. These vapors can siphon back through the PCV system and cause elevated CO readings.
Pattern failures. Some vehicles tend to be dirtier than others for a given model year because that is the way they were built. It may be the design of the engine, or the calibration of the fuel or engine control system. These kinds of problems may require special "fixes" that can only be found in factory technical service bulletins.

the above was a direct quote from http://www.aa1car.com/library/tr1196.htm
Too many times we forget the basics. Good luck, my '95 is exempt from emissions inspection here in NY. (so far...)

Qube
11-25-2007, 06:39 PM
Clean, nice ride height. I like it already. The white for the door handles is a nice touch. I should think about that.

Missing... clear corners, clear tails... and that's about it. Maybe shadowline.

atlfokus
11-25-2007, 06:53 PM
ive had the car now for almost a month. the previous owner is boosted535 on bf.c. failed emissions test the other day...so i still cant get a tag yet. any ideas? just put a high flow cat on, and the Co2 was still about twice the limit. any help is appreciated

atlfokus
11-25-2007, 07:11 PM
thanks man, your 34 in your sig looks amazing.

any ideas on emissions?

Macv
11-25-2007, 07:41 PM
sorry i dont really understand the format of this forum lol

are you talking to me or to qube?

the timestamps of the forum are kinda fubard at the moment.

none of the replies go where they're supposed to so you kinda have to guess who someone was replying to.

atlfokus
11-25-2007, 08:41 PM
thanks man, good info

CharlesAFerg
11-25-2007, 09:55 PM
Clean, nice ride height. I like it already. The white for the door handles is a nice touch. I should think about that.

Missing... clear corners, clear tails... and that's about it. Maybe shadowline.

try smoked.

Also, maybe an m5 rear plate frame trunk lid cover panel
or the hella european smoked plate frame panel.

atlfokus
11-25-2007, 09:59 PM
sorry i dont really understand the format of this forum lol

are you talking to me or to qube?