PDA

View Full Version : http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/

nirvana19
11-19-2007, 10:04 PM
I think there was another thread on weird stuff happening with the site but, huh? url change?

nirvana19
11-19-2007, 10:06 PM
wait now the other thread appears, my bad. sorry redundancy

uscharalph
11-21-2007, 03:06 AM
I noticed something going on www.bimmernut.com instead of www.bimmer.info

Bimmer Nut Ed
11-21-2007, 05:30 PM
Yeah, I moved the board to my other URL name and another server. Part of an upgrade. I may leave it here as the other site name has some hosting issues. I host some crap under bimmer.info, and by splitting it up I can assign bandwidth limits on bimmer.info and not effect the new bimmernut.com message board.

We should be running faster, you guys think so?

filip00
11-21-2007, 06:08 PM
let's hope it runs faster than before.

ryan roopnarine
11-21-2007, 06:38 PM
do what you gotta do, ed. i used to get mildly irritated at board outages, but then i realised how valuable this board is, and that you don't ask anyone for anything to run it. i notice that it is runing the same speed, with the same outages as before, after you switched from bimmer to bimmernut.

i went to crappie.com once, it is like a parallel universe when there's an outage :D

Bimmer Nut Ed
11-21-2007, 11:13 PM
Yep, Crappie.com runs on the same server. Minimally the server itself won't go down now, and that was about half the outages before. And I can reset the connection remotely for the ISP outages that have occurred, so they should only be of short duration.

do what you gotta do, ed. i used to get mildly irritated at board outages, but then i realised how valuable this board is, and that you don't ask anyone for anything to run it. i notice that it is runing the same speed, with the same outages as before, after you switched from bimmer to bimmernut.

i went to crappie.com once, it is like a parallel universe when there's an outage :D