PDA

View Full Version : ot- why i bought my e34...

Barney Paull-Edwards
11-18-2007, 05:01 PM
Nice case! This one could run and run,will the loserana guru own up to whats in his trunk?

BFEINZIMER
11-18-2007, 05:58 PM
bodies? anyone? hahaa

MBXB
11-18-2007, 05:58 PM
What ya got in there, an acoustic bass?

timandbim
11-18-2007, 06:14 PM
maybe some of you bought your e34 for its exceptional design, or maybe for its big bad m60... maybe some of you just bought it for its stunning good looks.

don't know if it interests any of you that i bought it because it carries my axe in the trunk, (although now i'd for sure get one either way) but now you know. i took the case with me when i looked at it... pretty much sold me on it the second it slid in there. this might not seem impressive to some but in most sedans it's not even close.

anyway, can't say how thankful i am to you all for helping me fix it! i have learned so much here.... anyway... if ever really was any doubt in your mind about what car to suggest to your local amateur vc player, (cause you all know one looking for a car don't you?) the photo is proof that an e34 takes a hard case. anyone else buy it for the boot? what do y'all put in YOUR trunk?

BMWCCA1
11-19-2007, 12:00 AM
I took my daughter's 'cello with me when I bought a 318ti for my kids to drive. Works great with one back set down. The big case actually even fits fine in the back seat and the trunk of the E28 535is, too.

uscharalph
11-19-2007, 02:22 AM
maybe some of you bought your e34 for its exceptional design, or maybe for its big bad m60... maybe some of you just bought it for its stunning good looks.

don't know if it interests any of you that i bought it because it carries my axe in the trunk, (although now i'd for sure get one either way) but now you know. i took the case with me when i looked at it... pretty much sold me on it the second it slid in there. this might not seem impressive to some but in most sedans it's not even close.

anyway, can't say how thankful i am to you all for helping me fix it! i have learned so much here.... anyway... if ever really was any doubt in your mind about what car to suggest to your local amateur vc player, (cause you all know one looking for a car don't you?) the photo is proof that an e34 takes a hard case. anyone else buy it for the boot? what do y'all put in YOUR trunk?
Golf Clubs.

attack eagle
11-19-2007, 03:16 AM
Any thing I want...

3rd row seating? check.

17 boxes of books? check

bed frame and headboard... & the two nightstand tables? check

marble tops for my dresser and nightstands? check

my 16 foot above ground pool? check

a complete engine back 525i drivetrain? check

ababy stroller, 3 suitcases, crib and all the assorted paraphenalia that two kids require on a 10 dy vacation to grandma and grandpa's house? check

but then I have a Touring... :P

Barney Paull-Edwards
11-19-2007, 04:29 AM
Any thing I want...

3rd row seating? check.

17 boxes of books? check

bed frame and headboard... & the two nightstand tables? check

marble tops for my dresser and nightstands? check

my 16 foot above ground pool? check

a complete engine back 525i drivetrain? check

ababy stroller, 3 suitcases, crib and all the assorted paraphenalia that two kids require on a 10 dy vacation to grandma and grandpa's house? check

but then I have a Touring... :P
The winner! Unless you know better?
Just to legally travel in europe I have a suitcase full of stuff,hi-vis,tools,beacons, first aid,etc etc,so they dont count.Just two sets of springs,gear lever panel,two hubs,two window mechanisms,set of TRX wheels, but empty bar that.

repenttokyo
11-19-2007, 07:45 AM
anyone else notice the weird bug where the OP's post is preceded by some of the replies?

Dave M
11-19-2007, 12:31 PM
anyone else notice the weird bug where the OP's post is preceded by some of the replies?

Yeah, WTF?

.sdrawkcab si txet emos deciton oslA.

See, wierd...............

M evaD

Blitzkrieg Bob
11-19-2007, 01:38 PM
Get a Touring, and you've got even more room with the fold down seats and the roof rack for good luck.

repenttokyo
11-19-2007, 01:57 PM
cello, nice, one of the most beautiful instruments in my opinion.

repenttokyo
11-19-2007, 01:58 PM
my quick replies aren't appearing.

repenttokyo
11-19-2007, 01:58 PM
... won't auto-quote original messages and my replies are going in weird spots - such as my reply to mxbx there... or maybe its just me...

my quick replies aren't working. something is messed up with the database.

i was going to post that the cello is one of the most beautiful instruments, in my opinion.

edit: what the hell, 3 in a row above the last post in the thread??????

timandbim
11-19-2007, 02:56 PM
pretty much an acoustic bass, old style tho - it's a 'cello - most commonly heard playing bach, beethoven, vivaldi, etc. it was my favourite hobby up until this summer.

timandbim
11-19-2007, 03:03 PM
... won't auto-quote original messages and my replies are going in weird spots - such as my reply to mxbx there... or maybe its just me...

icesoft
11-19-2007, 08:29 PM
bodies? anyone? hahaa

Jimmy Hoffa :p :D

Mendozart
11-19-2007, 10:22 PM
I use to be able to fit my 16"x24" bass drum in the back seat, but now that I play an 18"x24" bass drum, no go.

RallyD
11-20-2007, 01:53 PM
Bought my wife's because I always loved the classic look that disappeared with the intro of e39.
i bought mine because there aren't many sedans available with 5 speed.

rob101
11-21-2007, 03:11 PM
cello, nice, one of the most beautiful instruments in my opinion.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! they do fit my gf plays cello she swore that it didn't fit in my boot. so we got an e36
NO! she could have got a e34

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:p

timandbim
11-22-2007, 05:36 AM
this is very sad.

in your girlfriend's defense, there are bigger cases than mine (though mine is pretty big). my case only just barely fits... at first try i thought it didn't but there is one (only one) angle that you can slide it in and the top just squeaks in with about 1/2 a centimetre to spare. still takes me two or three tries to get the angle right each time.

timandbim
11-22-2007, 05:38 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! they do fit my gf plays cello she swore that it didn't fit in my boot. so we got an e36
NO! she could have got a e34

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:p

... see reply down a couple of posts... whoops!

rob101
11-22-2007, 04:29 PM
this is very sad.

in your girlfriend's defense, there are bigger cases than mine (though mine is pretty big). my case only just barely fits... at first try i thought it didn't but there is one (only one) angle that you can slide it in and the top just squeaks in with about 1/2 a centimetre to spare. still takes me two or three tries to get the angle right each time.
yeah she said those type of cases are more compact, she says she's going to switch to a soft case anyway i mean her super bulky case won't even get in the back of her e36 coupe with the seats down.

Nick.Hay
11-22-2007, 11:46 PM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b104/stnick/20_1.jpg
Usually only bass in my trunk (Hmm... I still need to carpet that sucker!!)

..although, sometimes. ;) ;)
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b104/stnick/Mafia.jpg