PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have pictures of their car with the sachs sport kit?

CharlesAFerg
11-17-2007, 02:49 PM
I just got the front (yes, just the front so far) installed yesterday morning, and it's not very low if at all...?

I'm suspicious. Do you have to drive it a little bit? I drove it about 2 miles after I got it back from the shop (I'm going back Monday to finish)
It's got severe memory steer and the wheel is pointing like 20 degrees to the right to steer straight with really tough turning, I know it needs an alignment now, but that severe?

Input plz. I hope I'm not getting F#@&3D on my suspension. I hope he didn't put something on backwards or something.

Macv
11-17-2007, 03:22 PM
http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=35748

CharlesAFerg
11-17-2007, 03:23 PM
Damnit, I didn't have the front bump stops cut I just put in new ones - I just read it would be a good idea on another thread, is it a bitch to remove them and cut them or what, I can't find any info - read whit knew about this...

Is there a visual difference with the bump stops cut, or just a stuffer ride?

SO my car doesn't look lowered at all, si tehre a period of time I should wait and drive it to get those springs to settle or did I just get owned by my mechanic?

Barney Paull-Edwards
11-17-2007, 06:52 PM
If you only changed the struts that should make no difference to your steering.Maybe the three bolts attaching the lower end are loose but nothing else ties in with a steering correction.Were the springs entered in the recess in the cups completely? Rubbers out of alignment? You need some sort of bump stop to soften the shock/spring bottoming out,if yours was not Mtec then loads of stops are available in diferent heights.

Dave M
11-17-2007, 07:49 PM
I just got the front (yes, just the front so far) installed yesterday morning, and it's not very low if at all...?

I'm suspicious. Do you have to drive it a little bit? I drove it about 2 miles after I got it back from the shop (I'm going back Monday to finish)
It's got severe memory steer and the wheel is pointing like 20 degrees to the right to steer straight with really tough turning, I know it needs an alignment now, but that severe?

Input plz. I hope I'm not getting F#@&3D on my suspension. I hope he didn't put something on backwards or something.

You should see an immediate difference. It will lower slightly over time, but once the car is dropped and you lean on the corners, it should be 90% there. I'd be justb as worried about your stering and wheel alignment. I don't want to judge a mechanic I've never met, but instaling a new front suspension should not fudge your steering, unless.................

Take it back.

Dav M

uscharalph
11-17-2007, 09:25 PM
Did you measure how high the fender sits before and after. The Sachs kit lowers the front a little over and inch and the rear a little more than that. I was thinking to myself that I thought my front should be a little lower at first, but I'm ok with it. I love the way the rear looks.

Macv
11-17-2007, 11:09 PM
the cut bumpstops only effects the ride. I did mine. If you find you're hitting bumps really hard... cut out the middle of them.