PDA

View Full Version : Random Warning Lights!

nirvana19
11-16-2007, 05:48 PM
Happen to anyone else? Should I be concerned or am I just paranoidWhile I was driving (finally driving my car, probably registered and fully functioning, just ONE bulb to change before perfection) down a highway at around 50 one of the warning lights flashes at me, just for a moment. Not even sure which one, it was night so it stuck out. Just freaked me out last time a light came on my car was dead within 30 seconds! I think it might have been the light with an exclamation point, or maybe srs? On that side of the cluster..

Sam-Son
11-16-2007, 05:53 PM
which side?

nirvana19
11-16-2007, 06:02 PM
which side?

Right side of the cluster. My car has the canadian symbols for the warning lights, exclamation point I thought was SRS but my car doesn't have SRS and that doesn't make sense. Its to the left of ABS. Still not sure which light though, for all I know it could've been park brake (it was red). def not check engine though

Sam-Son
11-16-2007, 06:04 PM
check engines on the other side....brake pads maybe?

nirvana19
11-16-2007, 06:14 PM
check engines on the other side....brake pads maybe?

Don't think theres a separate warning light, I've had the brake linings message on for ages... brake pads don't take the sensors

bmwrp8
11-16-2007, 06:21 PM
Don't think theres a separate warning light, I've had the brake linings message on for ages... brake pads don't take the sensors

brake fluid low

Torque
11-16-2007, 06:36 PM
brake fluid lowYes, but with that one you also get the "brake fluid low" warning to go along with the warning light.

nirvana19
11-16-2007, 10:54 PM
Yes, but with that one you also get the "brake fluid low" warning to go along with the warning light.

Hmm well the brake fluid is at the maximum level which I confirmed, it should be because when I took the car in for inspection the only thing that needed repair was a twisted brake hose so they bled/filled the system. I have BRAKE LININGS on all the time while driving so I must be missing some messages. hmm any other possibilities? it was only on for a couple seconds if not less, it was just odd. What exactly does the (!) light mean?

bmwrp8
11-17-2007, 01:00 AM
Hmm well the brake fluid is at the maximum level which I confirmed, it should be because when I took the car in for inspection the only thing that needed repair was a twisted brake hose so they bled/filled the system. I have BRAKE LININGS on all the time while driving so I must be missing some messages. hmm any other possibilities? it was only on for a couple seconds if not less, it was just odd. What exactly does the (!) light mean?

check your messages, had that light once (!) red beside park brake and ABS. and like what torque said it should be accompanied by brake fluid low in CC. if you fluid is high check the floater might be stuck

uscharalph
11-17-2007, 02:45 AM
You should get that brake linings warning fixed (Brake pad sensor?). You don't want to burn that LCD out.

leicesterboy15
11-17-2007, 03:51 AM
I thought the (!) Symbol was the ASC kicking in. Mine is in the middle of the cluster but min is a UK Spec. Sorry I may be way off the mark but thought I would add just in case.

nirvana19
11-17-2007, 02:21 PM
On every car I've been in an exclamation point implies traction control. However my car doesn't have ASC.. if the car was telling me it had lost traction for a moment that would make sense as I was driving on a wet road, however I don't think my car is capable of doing that as theres no ASC. Brake fluid seems fine, the float also seem fine. I get a random warning light once every so often for just a moment.

lol I fear that some critical thing in my car is slowly failing and will completely come apart that the worst moment possible.. although nothing is really pointing to that