PDA

View Full Version : "The E34 Wiki?"

infurno
11-14-2007, 11:04 AM
I thought it would be cool to have a repository of links, articles, files, and general E34 information. So I started "The E34 Wiki". (Im considering a more broad title to accommodate E28, E32, possibly others)

Im not trying to replace this forum or anything, just have something thats easy and direct to search with other features like chat/links/file hosting. Maybe a dumb idea but I would personally find it useful, and if others do I would be happy to buy a domain and keep it hosted.

Blogs

A page about yourself, or your project car
Articles

Submit / View user contributed articles on maintenance / repair, links, or resources
Links

Links to resources
Shoutbox

Present on every page
Calendar for events

Events and other dates of importance.
File storage / upload

Upload files, pretty much anything. Free storage with no ads
Dedicated chat

24/7 chat room
Frequently Asked Questions

Submit questions or find answers.

If you have something to contribute please do since its really a community driven site. If not, just join the chat ;)
If this really is a dumb idea let me know and ill take it down.

If anyone is interested in becoming a moderator let me know. :D

Temporary URL: http://www.buysmartpc.com/e34/

Dave M
11-14-2007, 11:34 AM
Hmm, I like the ability to store and retrieve files. If the question/answer page was organized well, it would also be an asset.

Thanks for the look,

Dave M

infurno
11-14-2007, 11:42 AM
If you have a good idea to add to the FAQ all you have to do is login and click "Add Suggestion" under the section. Then fill out the fields... for example...

Question: car wont start
Answer: turn the key

timandbim
11-14-2007, 04:05 PM
cool. +1 for file uploading. like i 'shouted' there, you can't have too many e34 sites, although this here imh(andverygreen)o is by far the best site on the web.

Sam-Son
11-14-2007, 04:08 PM
sounds like it could be a good idea.
Do you intend this to be more of a social website as opposed to what this is which is a technical site. I mean like talking about drives and pics of you car and what not

Antrieb
11-14-2007, 04:30 PM
Forget this, I say we edit the e34 wikipedia page to include forum FAQ's and pictures. We can also include write-ups. I can do euro headlight install and 4.0 engine install.

Macv
11-14-2007, 04:47 PM
I'm down. I'll write up anything anyone needs.