PDA

View Full Version : Country specific DME error/fault codes

yy101
11-14-2007, 02:34 AM
Not sure anybody here has encountered this but my car is currently at my local indy getting a 200,000 service plus fixing up a hot idle/erratic throttle problem.

Apparently when he ran the Snap On diagnostic tool on it and pulled out the codes and ran this place in Brisbane, AUS, they said the codes dont correspond to the correct error for this country.

My car recently got a remanufactured DME from BMA auto fitted by a dealership in AUS. Just wondering anybody knew this to be the case, that because different countries obviously would have slightly different emissions regulations/laws, the DME codes are/means different.

whiskychaser
11-14-2007, 04:00 PM
My car recently got a remanufactured DME from BMA auto fitted by a dealership in AUS. Just wondering anybody knew this to be the case, that because different countries obviously would have slightly different emissions regulations/laws, the DME codes are/means different.
No expert but would have thought that although the perameters may be different, the codes would be the same. If you havent see this already this may help identify the code:
http://www.e38.org/e32/bmw%20code%20defaut.pdf