PDA

View Full Version : heading to va tomorrow see ya in a week

winfred
11-14-2007, 12:28 AM
unless someone has wifi i can steal :D we shall see how da shark does on a long haul, in town mpg is maybe 1-2 better then my 535 with the same engine/chip but this ****er holds about 5 less gallons, damn small tanked old cars

Paul in NZ
11-14-2007, 04:00 AM
higher geared though...might be quite a bit better on the highway

winfred
11-14-2007, 07:15 AM
not that much, i went from 3.91s to 4.27s with the automatic 535 and didn't really give up any mileage, i have 3.73s in da shark which really wakes up a e28 535 that comes with 3.25s stock, sometimes you gain a little mileage getting the engine a little higher in the power band unless you are sporting a turbo diesel, then to a point the slower you spin it the less fuel you use

higher geared though...might be quite a bit better on the highway

winfred
11-14-2007, 08:46 PM
dammit i guess you can't bitch about ungodfully slow stolen wifi, ****'s like dialup, the only other signal in range is the holiday in and it's secured, ****ers. 10 hours of driving and we is in chattanooga, da shark only got 24 mpg at 70 on it's first tank, the first tank is usually the worst ill see tomorrow what the 2nd is

Jehu
11-14-2007, 09:47 PM
I don't usually get better than that in the M60 on the highway... and i run 93... how's the power?

winfred
11-14-2007, 10:15 PM
oh it hauls ass pretty good, it would flatten my e30 if they raced and e30 was pretty quick, i was playing with the bosses kid leaving the shop one day he was in his programer'd 00 323ci that was just about even to maybe a hair faster in a straight drag then my old e30 with headers, chip, throttle body...... and ****ing walked away from him at a rapid pace a couple times, da shark is fairly quick with just a eat chip and a m30b35, i wanna score a set of headers and build a decent exhaust to back it up at least

I don't usually get better than that in the M60 on the highway... and i run 93... how's the power?

BMWCCA1
11-15-2007, 12:39 AM
Where you headed in VA?

WiFi is everywhere. Even my house has it. But then I'm headed to NY on Tuesday, in the E34. About 25mpg if I average 80+. 28mpg if I keep it under 75. Love the big tank. 500 miles even if I'm flying.

genphreak
11-15-2007, 06:54 AM
dammit i guess you can't bitch about ungodfully slow stolen wifi, ****'s like dialup, the only other signal in range is the holiday in and it's secured, ****ers. 10 hours of driving and we is in chattanooga, da shark only got 24 mpg at 70 on it's first tank, the first tank is usually the worst ill see tomorrow what the 2nd isTry Airsnort :) WEP=WON
(ie Wide Open Network)

winfred
11-18-2007, 10:12 AM
winchester, or about as high as you can go on I81 before leaving the state, bought my cousins a new wireless router as theirs had died so i am finally up and surfing again, leaving tuesday morning for home and'll get there wednesday evening, first 3 tanks were 24, 22.5, 24 and haven't filled up the current tank yet which should be the best, was bucking nasty winds for most of the trip which i partially blame the crappy mileage on, **** it was even snowing from upper tn to almost ronoke va, nothing was sticking though, the small ass gas tank sucks in da shark, i think it's about 16 gallons (i am not pushing it hard, it can be a good ways to the next station up here) and the sender is not very consistent through the sweep with my autometer gauge, i've tweaked it on the top end with a resister and it takes about 115 miles to get to 3/4 and about 50 to get to 1/4 from there, i think ill see if i can build something that works better, the overall range of the bmw sending unit works with the old ford gauge but apparently the bmw gauge displays the info on a different arc

BMWCCA1
11-18-2007, 04:38 PM
I think they just put the lines on the gauge at different spots. The sender is linear, the tank shape is not (smaller/narrower at the bottom); that last 1/4 goes fast. No different on an E28 or even a 2002.

Take a lap at Summit Point before you depart the area! I'll be passing through Winchester on my way to NY on Tuesday morning. We'll likely pass each other amid the trucks on I-81. I'll be in the white E34 with black-center fan-less M5 I-beam wheels. Probably won't hit Winchester until about 9am. Have a safe trip.

winfred
11-18-2007, 06:35 PM
ill probably be rolling in the 8-9 am range, ill be the gray shark rolling low, had so much crap in the car on the way up i was slapping the bump stops, if i had been thinking i would of bumped the rear spring seats up a couple spots

I think they just put the lines on the gauge at different spots. The sender is linear, the tank shape is not (smaller/narrower at the bottom); that last 1/4 goes fast. No different on an E28 or even a 2002.

Take a lap at Summit Point before you depart the area! I'll be passing through Winchester on my way to NY on Tuesday morning. We'll likely pass each other amid the trucks on I-81. I'll be in the white E34 with black-center fan-less M5 I-beam wheels. Probably won't hit Winchester until about 9am. Have a safe trip.

Bimmer Nut Ed
11-18-2007, 06:54 PM
Take care Winfred. Have a safe trip.

btw, I'm playing with the site, moving it over to another server under the domain name bimmernut.com, this should make it faster as I had some picture leaches on the other site, so I'm probably going to limit it's bandwidth, and let the bimmernut site be unrestricted.

winfred
11-21-2007, 06:09 PM
whew just got back, think da shark was a little overloaded
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/11/26/427251/looow.JPG
think a inch lower with people in it, really lets you enjoy I55 and I59 for all their shittyness, 24.7 was the best tank with i guess about 24 being the average maybe a hair under 24, fuggen small ass gas tank sucks you have a useful 13 gallons, i think it holds 16.5, the e34 with it's 21 or so gallon tank rules

Bimmer Nut Ed
11-21-2007, 06:19 PM
My road trip to WI I got 28.7 mpg in the 2004 530 stick.

I visited deer camp in Wisconsin, you know, the WI state holiday, deer hunting season. Too bad, no-one killed anything while I was there. Heard very little shooting anywhere.

winfred
11-21-2007, 07:56 PM
i thought i was gonna get to kill something and eat it but i guess everybody was too busy, didn't even get to make gun go bang, except for the mutant 27.4 i pulled outta god knows from where on one trip that's on par to a hair better then averaged in the 535ia just too small of a tank to really rack up the miles

My road trip to WI I got 28.7 mpg in the 2004 530 stick.

I visited deer camp in Wisconsin, you know, the WI state holiday, deer hunting season. Too bad, no-one killed anything while I was there. Heard very little shooting anywhere.