PDA

View Full Version : "speed limit" message

RichO
05-17-2004, 10:42 PM
After 143,000 uneventful miles my car is finally showing some new quirks.

Lately, my dash display has been chiming and giving me the "speed limit" warning- but only while I am standing still.
I've fiddled with te OBC but it still keeps on doing it. It's not happening all the time but is becoming more frequent.

Has anyone ever experienced this? Suggestions for a fix?

Right now it's sort of amusing especially when it happens with friends in the car. I just tell them the ride is so smooth it only feels like we're not moving.

Steve_M535iA
05-24-2004, 03:09 AM
After 143,000 uneventful miles my car is finally showing some new quirks.

Lately, my dash display has been chiming and giving me the "speed limit" warning- but only while I am standing still.
I've fiddled with te OBC but it still keeps on doing it. It's not happening all the time but is becoming more frequent.

Has anyone ever experienced this? Suggestions for a fix?

Right now it's sort of amusing especially when it happens with friends in the car. I just tell them the ride is so smooth it only feels like we're not moving.

Without looking into it too much I have found this to be either the connectors for the speed sensor or the speed sensor itself.

Pig to change on a 5 :) But they do go. The Auto is a bitch... You will get dirty and wish you had 3 longer fingers that were thinner!

If you can live with it then groovy, if not time for some fun. The e34 site has some pics of it above the real axl.

Steve