PDA

View Full Version : front end clunk

edward
11-12-2007, 04:29 PM
Hey guys,

I put out a thread a few weeks ago describing my front end noise, many suggested checking the sway bar end links. Turns out it is my brand new lower control arm balljoints that I bought a Bavarian auto. They only have 20 000km on them. I called them today and they are sending me another set under warranty. Has anybody else had this experience with there front end parts. I don't want this to be an annual thing.

Thanks, Edward

e34.535i.sport
11-12-2007, 04:41 PM
Within the last few months I've changed out all front and rear suspension parts bar the shocks/springs (they're next on my list!), and its all plain sailing at the moment. I'm hoping to get a while out of them as I changed them all out at relatively the same time... Be interesting to see what gives first actually.

20,000km sounds fairly quick for a balljoint to go south though, hope the new ones last for you Edward.

RobPatt
11-12-2007, 05:30 PM
1 - were they lemforder w/750i (or M5) bushings?

2 - were they final torqued under weight of the loaded vehicle?

cheers,
Rob sends.....

Hey guys,

I put out a thread a few weeks ago describing my front end noise, many suggested checking the sway bar end links. Turns out it is my brand new lower control arm balljoints that I bought a Bavarian auto. They only have 20 000km on them. I called them today and they are sending me another set under warranty. Has anybody else had this experience with there front end parts. I don't want this to be an annual thing.

Thanks, Edward

e34.535i.sport
11-12-2007, 05:50 PM
1 - were they lemforder w/750i (or M5) bushings?

2 - were they final torqued under weight of the loaded vehicle?

cheers,
Rob sends.....

He said its the balljoints that are goosed not the bushings...