PDA

View Full Version : questions and difficulties

///Sniper535
11-11-2007, 06:45 PM
Should removing the 15mm nut of the steering wheel be extremely difficult??

What's the difference between gauge cluster s/w versions? The gauge cluster that i put it a while back is 0.95. I almost took one off a 92 525 with version 0.97 in it but didn't have the tools to take the wheel off.

Also, I know someone asked out it before but I couldn't find the thread. one day after trying to change some burned out bulbs, i put the cluster back in only to find out that the arrow for the right turn signal did not illuminate. It's not the bulb that is to blame. So what has happened?

Last but not least, TRANS PROGRAM, if theres no actual fault could the dealer clear it somehow?

filip00
11-11-2007, 07:34 PM
1 - i used an extensive wrench and had no problems. don't insert your key, so your steering wheel can lock itself, and therefore allow you easier work. when removing the steering wheel, don't forget to give contact so it releases it.

2 - i've put the same kind of gauge cluster (with check control), but different years, the difference was in the position of the airbag and the battery lamps, but everything worked just fine.

3 - bulb was surely to blame if your signal was working, but it didn't light on the gauge cluster. if not that, maybe just a bad contact, try to clean the metal where the bulb aligns with the cluster.

4 - have no idea about auto trans.

///Sniper535
11-11-2007, 07:45 PM
how do i go about cleaning the contact?

Blitzkrieg Bob
11-11-2007, 08:11 PM
how do i go about cleaning the contact?

Pencil eraser

filip00
11-12-2007, 01:13 PM
and pencil itself, it's graphite

timandbim
11-12-2007, 04:52 PM
it took me forever to take the steering wheel off mine, because i didn't unlock it after taking the nut off, duhh. if you lock the steering wheel straight first, then unlock it to pull it off, then lock it again as soon as you take the wheel off then you don't have to mark the position of the wheel to keep it properly aligned. i just used a tire iron to take the nut off - that's in my car with no airbag system anyway - hth.