PDA

View Full Version : BMW Emblems for Borbet Wheels

Andrew
11-09-2007, 10:05 PM
Hey guys

I just ordered some 15" Borbet Type H wheels with snow tires to get me through the winter.

I have seen a few pictures in this forum with BMW logos on the Type Hs.
How do you put the BMW emblems on these wheels? What do I need to buy?

It looks like the questions was asked here (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2576146), but never resolved.

Any suggestions? Has anyone reading this done this?

Thanks!
Andrew

KenB
11-10-2007, 12:00 AM
I have them glued on with 3M super weatherstrip adhesive

Andrew
11-10-2007, 12:10 AM
LOL thanks! It was your car that I remember seeing with these wheels. Your car looks great.

So did you use something like these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-e24-630csi-635csi-Wheel-center-cap-Emblems-OE-57mm_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ42614QQihZ016QQite mZ260160160166QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V ?

I have them glued on with 3M super weatherstrip adhesive

KenB
11-10-2007, 12:33 AM

Thanks for the compliment, it's not too bad for a 15 year old car with over 200k miles on it.

I bought mine at the dealer for around $5 each, I didn't want to take the chance of getting the wrong size on-line and took a couple of sizes out to the car to see which one's were closest in size.

They didn't fit the center caps exactly (were a hair bigger) and I didn't trust the peel and stick adhesive. The emblems have a slight curve to them and the caps are flat, so I used the 3M adhesive to make sure I didn't lose them.

Sorry I can't remember the exact size I bought.

BMWCCA1
11-10-2007, 10:10 AM
They come flat or domed, depending on model and size. Some are from the cars and some from the motorcycles. Figure out what size you need first and then check out all the possibilities. 635Csi in the U.S. with the BBS wheels came with flat emblems with not adhesive since they were held in place by a cir-clip from the rear. Some bike emblems are flat, some are domed. Some emblems are multi-layers thick and some are quite thin. Lots to choose from.