PDA

View Full Version : Road kill repairs

Kibokojoe
11-08-2007, 04:26 PM
The other night a raccoon decided to end his life and ran out in front of my 535i. Needless to say momentum and inertia took over. Now the lower part of the front dam has a crack in it. Is there a glue for these repairs?

CharlesAFerg
11-09-2007, 01:10 PM
lol one coon bites the dust...

I hate those things, man.
had some living in my family's attic when I was in middle school, brought all sorts of dead stuff up there and left it there, birds and such. Smelly, loud (from their weird noises to scratching everything), dangerous, and they scratched everything to hell.

Since we're not allowed to trap them or anything, we blasted them out with death metal...
\m/ !!! \m/

RallyD
11-09-2007, 02:12 PM
brace the back of it with metal and epoxy it onto the inside.

once that is dry, sand the crack and fill with a fine body filler.
tape off the painted portion and paint the lower lip with a suitable paint.

didi this to moms car when she pulled too far into the garage and turned on a work lamp with the bumper and melted the lower portion.

Kibokojoe
11-09-2007, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the info

nizmainiac
11-09-2007, 04:26 PM
i had the same problem 2 weeks ago but with a badger, i was doing about 90mph on my way to work at 6 in the morning, it was either hit the badger or have a really big accident, so i chose the badger, the damage was, ripped off under tray , chin spoiler smashed, took out both fog lights and tow eye hook covers , i have to say that when i hit it, i **** myself (not literally mind) but some good has come from this, i've now got some new depo crystal fog lamps, a 540 front bumper which is going to paint tomorrow and all i have left to find is the front part of the engine under tray, i've tried 5 different places so far and it's either no stock or they never come off in 1 piece, which i think is BS, because mine always came off in 1 piece no problems, i'll post some before and after pics when it's all done, i just wish i could find a damn under tray somwhere in the UK, anybody got any ideas?:)

Kibokojoe
11-09-2007, 09:33 PM
Need to do some soon here in ohio it is starting to get too cold to work on cars. Let me know when you get the pics

94_e34_525i
11-09-2007, 11:31 PM
Its funny you guys mention this, I ran over a possom at like 75 mph last week didnt leave a mark on my car lol. All I heard was a loud thunk. Thats it.

bubba966
11-10-2007, 01:56 AM
Bondo makes a special bumper formula filler/repair kit. I used that along with some flat aluminum to repair the bumper on my M-Sport after it killed a possum & raccoon.

Will get a new bumper at some point. But as the Bondo Bumper kit stays flexible (unlike regular Bondo) it's been holding up well.

Don't bother with any of the plastic epoxies. They don't work as well as the bumper Bondo.

Kibokojoe
11-10-2007, 05:34 PM
I will give it a go