PDA

View Full Version : 91 E34 front drivers door issue

E34turbo
11-06-2007, 07:31 PM
I have an issue with the front drivers door.....it wont open!!!

the key wont activate it nothing!!!any ideas or tricks to at least get it open?

oh it wont allow anyother door to open either

Sam-Son
11-06-2007, 08:29 PM

walk around to the other side and use that door:p

E34turbo
11-07-2007, 01:11 PM
walk around to the other side and use that door:p

ha ha ha funny guy you are:D

Sam-Son
11-07-2007, 01:17 PM
seriously though you are locked out of your car? I know they sell kits that allow you to basically break into your own car in case you lock a key inside or something. Not sure where they sell them though. I'll look around

Sam-Son
11-07-2007, 01:22 PM
Oh I just remembered this
http://www.break.com/index/unlock_your_car_with_a_tennis_ball.html

Dave PA
11-07-2007, 01:35 PM
i've been told it has to do w/the central locking system. a guy i talked to said if you disconnect the central lock system (i think he said it was the GM) under the seat and your doors unlock then your GM module is bad.

i've yet to try this b/c my car is on the other side of the state but when i do get over there i'm going to try this out! we ended up having to break out the glass to get into the car. and at that the locks took some serious muscle to get them open.

from reading previous posts on this though it might be the door lock actuators. PLEASE lmk what you find out.

dave

icesoft
11-08-2007, 03:20 AM

http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/trouble/Locked.htm

[1990]525
11-08-2007, 10:16 AM
Did you try the emergency unlock procedure? When I locked myself out I did this. Put the key in (don't turn it) hold up on the handle and turn it counter clock wise all the way.

E34turbo
11-11-2007, 07:42 AM
i've been told it has to do w/the central locking system. a guy i talked to said if you disconnect the central lock system (i think he said it was the GM) under the seat and your doors unlock then your GM module is bad.

i've yet to try this b/c my car is on the other side of the state but when i do get over there i'm going to try this out! we ended up having to break out the glass to get into the car. and at that the locks took some serious muscle to get them open.

from reading previous posts on this though it might be the door lock actuators. PLEASE lmk what you find out.

dave

I just got mines to work on friday.....I was taking out the GM when it just unlocked all the doors and the trunk......:) so I am disconnecting the actuator plug on each door to keep things under control....

E34turbo
11-11-2007, 07:42 AM

dave

I just got mines to work on friday.....I was taking out the GM when it just unlocked all the doors and the trunk......:) so I am disconnecting the actuator plug on each door to keep things under control....