PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of any radiator supply companies (us) that deal...

ryan roopnarine
11-04-2007, 09:13 AM
with the public? would like to buy a radiator gasket, possibly a plastic tank. thanks.

uscharalph
11-04-2007, 05:32 PM
Why fix a radiator. I replaced my radiator and all the hoses, plus themostat and water pump. Our cars are so hard on the cooling system, so I like the peace of mind having done this.

ryan roopnarine
11-04-2007, 06:46 PM
i basically have to buy a new radiator right now. i would just like to take a swing at changing the gasket on the old one to keep around as a spare.

winfred
11-04-2007, 07:15 PM
the bitch about that is the aluminum crimp flanges are good for one bending, i've tried and you can usually get them open but closing them results in about half either breaking off or cracking and the other half almost have enough tension to hold a fart let alone 10+ psi of water

ryan roopnarine
11-04-2007, 07:40 PM
the bitch about that is the aluminum crimp flanges are good for one bending, i've tried and you can usually get them open but closing them results in about half either breaking off or cracking and the other half almost have enough tension to hold a fart let alone 10+ psi of water

half the work is done on one side, as the crimps have already opened themselves.....i guess i want an excuse to pry the clamps open, see that i am not proficient to close them back, and then throw the thing away. right now, it only leaks a quart every 50 miles....