PDA

View Full Version : Parts Life...

e34.535i.sport
11-04-2007, 09:10 AM
Had a search on this but couldn't find much so thought this could be useful (especially for me!)... I've done a few repairs over the last few months changing out a lot of the suspension parts and i was wondering how long the new parts should last? Here's a list of parts changed...

1. Rear subframe Bushes
2. Rear Pitman Arms
3. Lower Control Arms
4. Thrust Arms
5. Tie Rod assemblies
6. Front Sway Bar Links
7. Rear Sway Bar Links
8. Rear Shock Mounts

I obviously understand there are a lot of different factors that will affect this and there won't be a definitive answer, but a rough giude would be very useful. This is assuming all new parts are Lemfoder or of similar quality...

uscharalph
11-04-2007, 05:29 PM
I have changed all those parts, except for the Rear Subframe Bushings and the Reat Shock mounts (I did have to change the Front Shock mounts). So I wanted to hear any answers you got.

Barney Paull-Edwards
11-04-2007, 06:00 PM
I did all of those last year and the only parts that were not OEM or Lemforder were the strut tops. Just done a pre-trip check and guess what? the strut tops bearings were knackered in 8k, now got Mtec ones, bigger diameter bearings and shock rod, conclusion? Pay peanuts, get monkeys! Seriously, the bearings I got from a legit source were marked"parent panding" and lasted three months,BMW Parts Uk took them pending an action against German and Swedish for suppying unsuitable parts,by way of thanks they give me trade price which is why they get my business.

Barney Paull-Edwards
11-04-2007, 06:03 PM
Sorry, to answer the question directly,all bar the thrust arms were original(`95 270k) but were worn out.Eight/ten years of abuse would seem to be about fair.