PDA

View Full Version : Tool Request - 4.0 V8 Flywheel Torx Socket

Panzer Captain
11-03-2007, 03:06 PM
Anyone have a Torx socket specially designed for removing the flywheel bolts on a 4.0 V8 M60 motor?

They are available online for $40 + shipping --- instead, I was hoping to borrow one from someone for a day or two (the engine and tranny are already apart), and mail it back right away, for a fee.

If so, please PM me!

Thanks,

Chris'91'525i
11-03-2007, 08:32 PM
Try AutoZone or other auto part houses. They will rent tools like this for free, though you must leave a deposit in case you forget return it.
Call around and see !

Panzer Captain
11-03-2007, 08:45 PM
Try AutoZone or other auto part houses. They will rent tools like this for free, though you must leave a deposit in case you forget return it.
Call around and see !

Thanks for the reply!

Do you think AutoZone will have a BMW-specific tool like this...?

The Hazet tool has a shaft with a decreased diameter, leading to the T60 Torx head, due to the offset bolt holes on the flywheel.

632 Regal
11-03-2007, 10:14 PM
buy a regular one, you need to grind the diamiter to fit into the recess hole for it to work.

yaofeng
11-06-2007, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the reply!

Do you think AutoZone will have a BMW-specific tool like this...?

The Hazet tool has a shaft with a decreased diameter, leading to the T60 Torx head, due to the offset bolt holes on the flywheel.

The 1/2" drive long torx socket is not BMW specific. I got mine from Autozone when I did the 6 speed conversion and put in a new clutch.

And they cost like $15 for the set.