PDA

View Full Version : Carlisle

PatrickPGH
05-17-2004, 04:34 PM
Anyone going to the Carlisle import car show this weekend? Lived in Pennsylvania almost my whole life and I've never been to it. Is it worth the travel time and minimal admission price?

Any sort of E34 specific swap area or meet?

Patrick

bahnstormer
05-17-2004, 05:13 PM
i've heard a lotta good stuff about it.
i'll go sometime this summer

Rigmaster
05-17-2004, 09:13 PM
I'll be there, vendor spaces I-40 + I-41 (I think.....). We have been going up to the Import Carlisle show + swap meet for almost 10 years. It almost always rains (Ugh!), but there is always alot of stuff to see. Sometimes not too much BMW stuff, but fun nonetheless. The Nittany Bimmers chapter of BMW CCA always has a pretty good turnout on Sat on the "show" field, and the MidAtlantik 2002 (BMW 2002's) group has been having a meet there for the past 3 years or so- always lots of neat "older" BMW's to see.

Hint- if you plan to go and drive a BMW (any BMW), register online for the "fun field", it will give you 3 days admission for 2 people, plus you get to park your BMW on the show field for free. This is a great deal- even if you only go for 1 day, because normal admission is $7-10 per person per day PLUS they charge for parking on Sat. See www.carsatcarlisle.com for more info.

Bret.

ps- stop by and see us, we'll be there all weekend- there's still time for me to bring some E34 parts from one of my parts cars- save on shipping!!!!! Email me!