PDA

View Full Version : m throwing stars - wide on front?

billy
11-01-2007, 07:51 AM
ive been offered a set of throwing stars but they are all the rear wide 9"....can i use this wider size on the front instead of the staggered 8" they should be?

any drawbacks?

winfred
11-01-2007, 07:59 AM
if they will clear the struts and fenders go for it that would be the only problem, i don't really like staggered as you can't rotate front to back

Elekta
11-01-2007, 08:22 AM
Get them if only to trade the 2nd pair of 9's. I'll bet there are some who would trade a pair of their straightest, least rashed 8's for a pair of your worst 9's, esp touring owners

billy
11-01-2007, 08:41 AM
the wheels are brand new, i wouldnt want to split them up for 2 scabby 8s though!

just thought someone may have tried this and could offer some guidence

E34turbo
11-01-2007, 08:47 AM
ive been offered a set of throwing stars but they are all the rear wide 9"....can i use this wider size on the front instead of the staggered 8" they should be?

any drawbacks?

I think 9's would fit.....best way is to try 1 on if you can

billy
11-01-2007, 09:03 AM
I think 9's would fit.....best way is to try 1 on if you can

by which stage I will be the owner of 4 wide wheels, and if they dont fit im stuck with them!

Elekta
11-01-2007, 09:34 AM
by which stage I will be the owner of 4 wide wheels, and if they dont fit im stuck with them!
You won't be stuck with them, I guarantee you. The staggered set up has high demand for v8 e34's esp if they are system II tstars. If the 9's don't fit up front, someone will trade you their BEST 8's for them, and you both will have the staggered set up.

If the price is right and they are pn stamped oem, and in mint condition, you will have no problems trading a pair if they don't fit.

Does the seller know what they have?

pics?

billy
11-01-2007, 09:52 AM
Does the seller know what they have?

pics?

yep, they arent cheap, but then they arent that expensive - its just im being offered them and ive fancied a set for a while - as winfred says, im also of the type that likes to swap them round for tyre ware and staggered setup doesnt allow for this