PDA

View Full Version : Both my e30's need new motors. Any suggestions

MagicMike
10-29-2007, 05:53 PM
Hello Folks,

I am on the verge of replacing the engines on both my 325IS and 325IX. I am wondering if you guys can give me some suggestions. I will of course do it one at a time.

I think that the S50 is a little too pricey unless I can get a good deal on it. Maybe rebuild the block and get a stroker kit? I was also thinking about the M50 with Vanos.

I was wondering what would be the best solution for my IX as it is all wheel drive. Has anyone done another engine swap on an IX here?

Any feedback from you guys will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

CharlesAFerg
10-30-2007, 12:10 PM
M30!
http://www.e30.de/335e.htm

nuclearfusion
10-31-2007, 01:51 AM
I'm with Charles on this one. M30 always seemed like a great choice for a re-engine in an E30. Only trouble is weight, but if you got it mounted tight back against the firewall you'd be very close to preserving weight distribution.

The M30 has lots of torque and power. It's easy to care for and dead reliable. Mounted far back you get to keep the agility and desirable E30 dynamics. Looks like a great combo.

Enjoy!

Fusion

E34turbo
10-31-2007, 04:05 PM
Hello Folks,

I am on the verge of replacing the engines on both my 325IS and 325IX. I am wondering if you guys can give me some suggestions. I will of course do it one at a time.

I think that the S50 is a little too pricey unless I can get a good deal on it. Maybe rebuild the block and get a stroker kit? I was also thinking about the M50 with Vanos.

I was wondering what would be the best solution for my IX as it is all wheel drive. Has anyone done another engine swap on an IX here?

Any feedback from you guys will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

big 6 baybeeeee