PDA

View Full Version : Reinstalling front passengers seat

Al Gray
10-28-2007, 08:47 PM
I am having one hell of a time putting the front passengers seat back on. The problem I am having is getting the seat track over the front hooks on the floor. I have held the seat at different angles in an effort to engage the hooks on the floor. Any help would be appreciated. My car is a 1992 BMW 525i.

winfred
10-28-2007, 08:54 PM
start off by scraping all of the penny's off the floor where the tracks go http://members.cox.net/wdixon27/lol.gif no really! then look at the bottom of the tracks where the hooks poke though and see if it's flat, sometimes it gets bent where the hook grabs, pull the headrest out so you can tilt the seat all of the way up, and last but not least make sure that the tracks are even with the front of the seat, if the seat is too far forward the seat will hit the floor and lift the tracks off the floor before you get tilted all of the way up

on or two of these will probably be the problem

Al Gray
10-28-2007, 09:18 PM
start off by scraping all of the penny's off the floor where the tracks go http://members.cox.net/wdixon27/lol.gif no really! then look at the bottom of the tracks where the hooks poke though and see if it's flat, sometimes it gets bent where the hook grabs, pull the headrest out so you can tilt the seat all of the way up, and last but not least make sure that the tracks are even with the front of the seat, if the seat is too far forward the seat will hit the floor and lift the tracks off the floor before you get tilted all of the way up

on or two of these will probably be the problem

Thanks for the advice on the reinstall. I had tried to fix the twisted seat and followed your procedure. However the seat is lower towards the outside of the car and higher toward the inside part of the car. I am not sure how to correct this. Do you have any ideas?.

///Sniper535
10-28-2007, 09:47 PM
When i took my front seats out, I've noticed that the rails were bent by the hooks from the removal. try prying it so it can un-bend it or whatever.

winfred
10-28-2007, 09:54 PM
it will straighten out when it's bolted down, you can flex the seat enough to bolt it down

Ross
10-29-2007, 09:51 AM
Disconnect one of the drive cables and turn by hand until the seat is level.