PDA

View Full Version : :: A little dash of red...

Qube
10-27-2007, 11:21 PM
Was replacing the headlights and side markers but thought to myself, what else do I need to do? One of the horns failed so here's a dash of red. It's not an airhorn or a supertone, but it's still 130db of goodness (at four inches... damn you airhorns and db++ in feet :) )

I was ashamed to honk the other day when some asswipe stopped in the middle of the road for no reason. Single tone sucks. Ended up Magnaflow'ing his ass instead.

Wonder if this is good enough to get a very rough comparative number: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4694329

Macv
10-28-2007, 10:13 AM
My stockers are red. It's neat to see someone with their face to my grill trying to see what they are.

winfred
10-28-2007, 10:19 AM
i need to take a pic of the hellas i put in da shark, they are what griot's garage calls super toot's they have red cages on them and look fairly cool through the grills, well atleast they look better then the rusty lumps of **** it had :D

ThoreauHD
10-28-2007, 12:22 PM
While we're on the top of horns, do the Hella or PIAA horns seem to work well? I was thinking of replacing my OE horns as well. They don't sound so great OE. Kinda makes people think WTF whenever you hear it.

Qube
10-28-2007, 04:49 PM
While we're on the top of horns, do the Hella or PIAA horns seem to work well? I was thinking of replacing my OE horns as well. They don't sound so great OE. Kinda makes people think WTF whenever you hear it.

Depends on what your goals are. The stocker dual tones are actually quite good. Do you still get the dual tone?