PDA

View Full Version : Collection of DIYs

pgrindstaff
10-27-2007, 03:48 PM
Since doing my last job required more organization than could be provided here I decided to make a website (http://tnsgo.com:85/bmw/howto.html) devoted to How To's. We all know that there are plenty of sites that host DIYs and such including bimmer.info but another one won't hurt.

Finding user posted DIYs can become quite a task once the thread gets pushed back a number of pages or just out of the blue someone needs a procedure and cant remember what the thread was called. I would like to offer my site as a central place to store procedures and diys created by the users of bimmer.info. This is not to say the information should not be shared via threads, but to offer a secondary, more organized home for these types of articles.

Please let me know what you think of this idea. I'd like to note that no gains on my part are being made by having a super diy site and that the site will remain ad free indefinately. I believe that having a setup like this would be beneficial to the community and will make finding information significantly easier.

-Patrick

Barney Paull-Edwards
10-27-2007, 03:59 PM
A diy -how to site would be a good idea but needs a whole new sticky/post. Many jobs would be easy for some but they/we are not the intended recipients,we have to help the learners not winfred/Jon K! Motivate the moderators to create a new post and good luck.

bondheli
10-27-2007, 06:39 PM
You should probably use a different title than "patrick's" how to site if you want to use other peoples how to's. And I would also suggest pictures. Pix are a necessity! I might have something for the site in a couple of weeks btw.

pgrindstaff
10-27-2007, 08:58 PM
I agree with you on the name but it was the best I could come up with at the time. What do you mean about the pictures? Pics in the photo gallery?

You should probably use a different title than "patrick's" how to site if you want to use other peoples how to's. And I would also suggest pictures. Pix are a necessity! I might have something for the site in a couple of weeks btw.

Macv
10-27-2007, 09:05 PM
I'll created and submit a euro smiley w/ HID diy for you. Will be helping a friend out with his so might as well write something up.

bondheli
10-27-2007, 09:19 PM
Pix within the DIY's
Hmm There up now, they weren't working for me before.