PDA

View Full Version : Electric Chair!

bmwrp8
10-26-2007, 01:57 AM
Couple of weeks back I fixed both headrest of my front power seats and also the twisted back rest problem of the driver side by repairing the cable. But i'm having troubles with my passenger seat...The seat goes up and down but when you sit on it the left side goes down! I tried repairing the cable to no avail. Bought it to my mechanic for a more professional cable rebuilding but still problem is there!:( goes forward & reverse fine but up & down left side has a problem and don't know where to start:( any thoughts guys?

632 Regal
10-26-2007, 07:21 AM
its probably the other cable, dont cut too much but if you dont cut enough the cable willstill pop out

bmwrp8
10-26-2007, 07:27 AM
its probably the other cable, dont cut too much but if you dont cut enough the cable willstill pop out

We took out all the cables and rebuild all, still the same. Got a chair from the yard that works and installed the cables still the same!but when we install my cables to another e34 power seats it worked fine! what else could cause this? I'd get the seat from the yard if it weren't only for the super ****ed up leather:D

632 Regal
10-26-2007, 07:38 AM
swap out your skin onto the junk one. sounds like you might have motor problems or the gear mechanism could be worn.

bmwrp8
10-26-2007, 07:42 AM
swap out your skin onto the junk one. sounds like you might have motor problems or the gear mechanism could be worn.

i'll check tom. thanks regal :D