PDA

View Full Version : 1994 530i Sunroof Problem

MagicMike
10-25-2007, 12:11 PM
Hello Folks,

Anyone ever have any sunroof problems. I can hear the motor for the sunroof work but nothing happens. Does anyone know what the problem might be? I can't even open it to take it apart. Are there any good shops to bring it to around the Bay Area SF.

On another note; does anyone know where I can get a replacement glass panel for my sunroof because the glass on it is cracked?

Any feedback from you folks will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Blitzkrieg Bob
10-25-2007, 12:49 PM
You can access the motor through the panel above the rearview mirror, and check to see if the drive gear is stripped or the cable busted.

Be gentle the plastic clips on the panel are notoriously brittle.

RallyD
10-25-2007, 03:37 PM
oooh glass roof
cracked -1

MagicMike
10-25-2007, 04:11 PM
Thanks Bob, I'll try to pull the motor after work today. It Does suck that the glass cracked. I'm having a hard time finding someone that can make me a new glass panel.

artguy
10-25-2007, 04:22 PM
I didn't know they came with that. Was it aftermarket?

ThoreauHD
10-25-2007, 06:24 PM
Uhh, what glass sunroof? Mine's metal and upholstery.

http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/maintenance/Body/sunroof.htm

Unless you mean.. no. There's no glass.

Blitzkrieg Bob
10-25-2007, 06:33 PM
Thanks Bob, I'll try to pull the motor after work today. It Does suck that the glass cracked. I'm having a hard time finding someone that can make me a new glass panel.

Replacement panels are hard to find....There are rumors that some Volvo models may share the same panel.

MagicMike
10-25-2007, 11:51 PM
I didn't know they came with that. Was it aftermarket?
They had some in Europe. I know that it was an option on Alpina cars. I got mine from a Euro e34. It is a factory glass panel, I just need to find replacement glass.

MagicMike
10-25-2007, 11:54 PM
Uhh, what glass sunroof? Mine's metal and upholstery.

http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/maintenance/Body/sunroof.htm

Unless you mean.. no. There's no glass.
I had a metal panel but replaced it with a glass panel I found from a Euro car.