PDA

View Full Version : O/T Anyone into nitro RC car??

bmwrp8
10-25-2007, 02:56 AM
guys anyone into nitro RC car??have a question if anyone is in to it:)

Ferret
10-25-2007, 03:10 AM
Heh, I used to have a mardave marauder like this:
http://www.rcscrapyard.bizland.com/clas_files/marauder.jpg

What's up?

bmwrp8
10-25-2007, 04:30 AM
Heh, I used to have a mardave marauder like this:

What's up?

used to? sold it? anyway I have a v-one rr just now when accelarating hard it cant go in a straight line it goes to the left but if mild accelaration its normal any idea?been bugging me since this morning. anyway here's the pic.:D

Ferret
10-25-2007, 04:37 AM
used to? sold it? anyway I have a v-one rr just now when accelarating hard it cant go in a straight line it goes to the left but if mild accelaration its normal any idea?been bugging me since this morning. anyway here's the pic.:D

Is the diff starting to come apart internally?

Mine used to do this when one side of the marauder diff locked up! Can also happen if you've got crap on one drive tyre that causes a difference in traction between sides of the car. - these had foam/rubber glued tyres didnt they? You got a tyre spinning on the rim?

I say used to, gave it away to a cousin's kid in the end cos I just found I didnt have the time to play with this kit any more - shame really, used to love the 2 stroke scream and a semi-guided missile going past :D

Turbo Ready
10-25-2007, 07:10 AM
I am into trucks and planes.

Have only 1 Nitro "supercharged" powered aerobatic plane, the rest are 1/4 and above the size of the real ones, powered by 7 hp 50cc gasoline engines with auto advance electronic ignition :D

http://www.torkndork.com/planes.html

http://www.torkndork.com/tmaxx.html

Ferret
10-25-2007, 07:25 AM

Have only 1 Nitro "supercharged" powered aerobatic plane, the rest are 1/4 and above the size of the real ones, powered by 7 hp 50cc gasoline engines with auto advance electronic ignition :D

Hmm, I always did like the tmaxx, just when I could eventually afford it - I no longer had time to play with it!

I used to have a Tamia (sp?) Mini Cooper that was a fwd electric R/C car - fitted it out with a stock 11 wound motor and the sheer speed it could build up was incredible - used to outrun most of my nitro kit.

Battery tech has moved on considerably these days too, so I bet you get decent run times out of them now :D

RX7guy
10-25-2007, 07:36 AM
I have a Kyosho V-One S. Never really got into it though. It was always a pain in the ass to start. It now resides in a closet at my parent's house 500 miles away.

Turbo Ready
10-25-2007, 07:38 AM
Hmm, I always did like the tmaxx, just when I could eventually afford it - I no longer had time to play with it!

I used to have a Tamia (sp?) Mini Cooper that was a fwd electric R/C car - fitted it out with a stock 11 wound motor and the sheer speed it could build up was incredible - used to outrun most of my nitro kit.

Battery tech has moved on considerably these days too, so I bet you get decent run times out of them now :D

My T-MAXX is actually Nitro and yes batteries cam a longggggggggggggg way within the last decade.

My truck has a complete racing setup, stock out of the box it does 45 MPH now probably 52 MPH with the bigger racing engine which revs to 25,000 RPM with the two speed auto tranny. We also made a snow mobile conversion kit for them.

I am actually getting rid of mine, I have no time for it, you can see ad here.

http://www.usedottawa.com/classified-ad/4143386&category=rc-models

I love me planes

Turbo Ready
10-25-2007, 07:39 AM
I have a Kyosho V-One S. Never really got into it though. It was always a pain in the ass to start. It now resides in a closet at my parent's house 500 miles away.

Just needed proper proper priming and tuning, they actually start easily. You could also get a car with on board start like my truck.

bmwrp8
10-25-2007, 09:32 AM

maybe its just the glowplug. mine is a kyosho V-One RR with os 12tr engine. Mine hard to start before. I just charged the glow plug heater and changed the glow plug and adjusted the carb.

bmwrp8
10-25-2007, 09:38 AM
Is the diff starting to come apart internally?

Mine used to do this when one side of the marauder diff locked up! Can also happen if you've got crap on one drive tyre that causes a difference in traction between sides of the car. - these had foam/rubber glued tyres didnt they? You got a tyre spinning on the rim?

I say used to, gave it away to a cousin's kid in the end cos I just found I didnt have the time to play with this kit any more - shame really, used to love the 2 stroke scream and a semi-guided missile going past :D

I found the problem..the rear diff. is ok its the shaft going thru the left wheel is slipping! I looked shaft is ok and the thing that the shaft to the wheel is ok also but its like the shaft is not making enough contact...like its too short or something. but the right side is ok. Sorry don't know what its called. any idea?I think you just have to push the wheel in order to contact properly, but don't know how to do it. the two screws that adjusts the toe-in - out?

bmwrp8
10-25-2007, 09:43 AM

thats bad ass:D i like the "bmw ultimate flying machine":D :D

Turbo Ready
10-25-2007, 01:33 PM
thats bad ass:D i like the "bmw ultimate flying machine":D :D

Thats my BMW motto :D It has been part of my sig ever since I have been on forums.

Rus
10-25-2007, 07:01 PM
I found the problem..the rear diff. is ok its the shaft going thru the left wheel is slipping! I looked shaft is ok and the thing that the shaft to the wheel is ok also but its like the shaft is not making enough contact...like its too short or something. but the right side is ok. Sorry don't know what its called. any idea?I think you just have to push the wheel in order to contact properly, but don't know how to do it. the two screws that adjusts the toe-in - out?

Its a bit difficult to visualize what you are trying to describe, but from what I understand, the half-shaft is coming out of the drive cup at the wheel?

Does your shaft look like this?
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/images/atomic_kr-022_001.jpg

If so, these types of shafts will sometimes lose the pin that connects the shaft to the cup. Check that yours is still in place. I'm not sure what you mean by pushing the wheel in, but you shouldn't have to. Also, make sure that you have the pin installed on the wheel side (hole in shaft closest to threads). If this isn't in place, your wheel won't be secured to the shaft properly and may slip. HTH

bmwrp8
10-25-2007, 11:50 PM
Its a bit difficult to visualize what you are trying to describe, but from what I understand, the half-shaft is coming out of the drive cup at the wheel?

Does your shaft look like this?
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/images/atomic_kr-022_001.jpg

If so, these types of shafts will sometimes lose the pin that connects the shaft to the cup. Check that yours is still in place. I'm not sure what you mean by pushing the wheel in, but you shouldn't have to. Also, make sure that you have the pin installed on the wheel side (hole in shaft closest to threads). If this isn't in place, your wheel won't be secured to the shaft properly and may slip. HTH

sorry,having a hard time describing plus don't know what the parts are called:) yes it's like that. I took a picture of a pin that I saw in the left rear.Sorry camera phone. Is this the one? aside from that pin I found no other pin for the shaft to the cup.

Rus
10-26-2007, 06:59 AM
The pin in your picture is the one that engages with the wheel. On the other side of the hub you should see the joint between the half-shaft and the spindle shaft. It looks a bit like a cup with the end of the halfshaft stuck in it. These two pieces are joined by a pin that's pressed into the cup (you can see it in the picture I posted if you look at the top shaft by the black collar). If you are missing this pin, the two parts of the drive shaft are basically disconnected (half-shaft + the part that fits into the hub). Your differential probably has a cup with two slots attached to either side of it. If your shaft is not engaging there, you may have a worn out drive cup, a cup that has lost a set screw (very common), or a cup that needs to be moved out slightly. This is another area to check when a drive shaft stops transfering power to a wheel.

BTW, here's the official parts list, exploded views, and manual for your car: http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/manuals/31256B.pdf
This should give you an idea of what all the parts are called and how they go together. HTH

bmwrp8
10-26-2007, 07:15 AM
Now the right side is starting to slip too!:( I took out both shaft and cup and didn't find a pin nor an indication that it has a pin, I guess both cups are worn out:( oh well, off to the hobby shop again $$$:( hehehe part of the hobby i guess;) Anyway thank you for the help and info. very much appreciated

Rus
10-26-2007, 07:20 PM
Now the right side is starting to slip too!:( I took out both shaft and cup and didn't find a pin nor an indication that it has a pin, I guess both cups are worn out:( oh well, off to the hobby shop again $$$:( hehehe part of the hobby i guess;) Anyway thank you for the help and info. very much appreciated

If you bring your car to the hobby shop, they may be able to tell you exactly what's wrong with it. Diagnosing things over the internet is difficult. And this hobby is a lot of money. I've got cars, planes, and now a helicopter to play with....not even going to bother counting the money and times that went into all that :-p

Qube
10-26-2007, 08:39 PM
Yep. Have lots. Old HPI Rush, first gen T-Maxx, Kyosho 09 Mini Inferno, HPI RS4 Micro Drift (electric), Losi Mini LST (electric), HPI RTR3 (almost destroyed), Ofna Hyper 10 (almost destroyed), Duratrax StreetForce GP (first RC, totally destroyed), Duratrax Axis, AE NTC3 (racer), Tamiya TG-10 Mk1 (for friends to play with).

Oh yeah, and a Losi LST (super sized), but sold/traded for the NTC3 I race with now.

The mini LST is for sale: http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=473405&highlight=losi

bmwrp8
10-27-2007, 12:08 PM
If you bring your car to the hobby shop, they may be able to tell you exactly what's wrong with it. Diagnosing things over the internet is difficult. And this hobby is a lot of money. I've got cars, planes, and now a helicopter to play with....not even going to bother counting the money and times that went into all that :-p

yup i'll bring it tom. and hopefully be bk racing :) And true on that it's alot of money but hey! atleast your satisfied and happy!:D

bmwrp8
10-27-2007, 12:10 PM
Yep. Have lots. Old HPI Rush, first gen T-Maxx, Kyosho 09 Mini Inferno, HPI RS4 Micro Drift (electric), Losi Mini LST (electric), HPI RTR3 (almost destroyed), Ofna Hyper 10 (almost destroyed), Duratrax StreetForce GP (first RC, totally destroyed), Duratrax Axis, AE NTC3 (racer), Tamiya TG-10 Mk1 (for friends to play with).

Oh yeah, and a Losi LST (super sized), but sold/traded for the NTC3 I race with now.

The mini LST is for sale: http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=473405&highlight=losi

Wow! now thats alot! talk about hooked up on a hobby:D cheez just one makes me dizzy already:p

Qube
10-27-2007, 09:08 PM
Wow! now thats alot! talk about hooked up on a hobby:D cheez just one makes me dizzy already:p

Once yer in, yer in. One thing that has never changed is electric just doesn't cut it for me. If I run low on nitro, I just pull up and top off. Sure, it'll be much dirtier at the end of the day, but I can keep going. With an electric, you miss the noise, the 'unlimited' running time, and the cancerous fumes (yum!). Of course, unlimited is relative. Something usually goes awry by the 6th or 7th tank, or I just get sloppy. At about $1 a tank of nitro with 13 minutes runtime, it's damn fun!

I wanted to get into choppers, but don't have the patience. I just have a PiccoZ ($20 bucks). Fun in the office ;)

bmwrp8
10-27-2007, 09:30 PM
Once yer in, yer in. One thing that has never changed is electric just doesn't cut it for me. If I run low on nitro, I just pull up and top off. Sure, it'll be much dirtier at the end of the day, but I can keep going. With an electric, you miss the noise, the 'unlimited' running time, and the cancerous fumes (yum!). Of course, unlimited is relative. Something usually goes awry by the 6th or 7th tank, or I just get sloppy. At about $1 a tank of nitro with 13 minutes runtime, it's damn fun!

I wanted to get into choppers, but don't have the patience. I just have a PiccoZ ($20 bucks). Fun in the office ;)

true that!:D ;)