PDA

View Full Version : Still having temp. issues

Sam-Son
10-25-2007, 12:10 AM
Okay so for a while anytime I would start up my car the temp guage would be all the way in the red and then immediately make its way back to center. then if in stop and go it would go to the half way tick mark between center and red and then slowly make it's way back. after that it will stay to the slight right of center. having the A/C on made this problem happen more often. I chaulked this up to a dodgey t-stat. I went about having it replaced with a new 88C t-stat. I figured not only will a new one fix my problem but it will also keep it running extra cool. well now that the new one is in the problem is still there. What else could be wrong? Please any advice would be greatly appreciated
:( -Mike

Blitzkrieg Bob
10-25-2007, 12:18 AM
Is it really over heating?

Did you test your temp sensors?

Have your screwed up on the plug placement on those sensors on the water neck?

Sam-Son
10-25-2007, 12:29 AM
Is it really over heating?

Did you test your temp sensors?

Have your screwed up on the plug placement on those sensors on the water neck?
Hmm all good questions. and none of which do I know the answer...Ok just kidding. I guess it really isn't overheating I'm just being paranoid. It always seems to sort itself out. Now that you mention it I think I may check my temp sensor that may be kaput. How would I check that?

bmwrp8
10-25-2007, 02:59 AM
Hmm all good questions. and none of which do I know the answer...Ok just kidding. I guess it really isn't overheating I'm just being paranoid. It always seems to sort itself out. Now that you mention it I think I may check my temp sensor that may be kaput. How would I check that?

I saw in a old post how to check those..anyway did you check your aux.fan and the fan in the engine?

Ferret
10-25-2007, 03:18 AM
Water pump definitely spinning properly/visco coupling good?

As said above, most likely to be a sensor/cluster fault.

Sam-Son
10-25-2007, 02:23 PM
Water pump definitely spinning properly/visco coupling good?

As said above, most likely to be a sensor/cluster fault.
I know the cluster is ****ed but I had the same problem when I had the cluster from the auto

How do I check all the things you guys are suggesting?

Blitzkrieg Bob
10-25-2007, 02:41 PM
I know the cluster is ****ed but I had the same problem when I had the cluster from the auto

How do I check all the things you guys are suggesting?

Multi meter, IF themometer and a Bently