PDA

View Full Version : OT: Hope everybody's ok in SoCal...

TC535i
10-23-2007, 09:20 AM
My parents got the phone call last night and had to evacuate their place near Del Mar (San Diego), they're in the westerly path of the Witch fire (150,000+ acres, 0% containment to date) so they're staying up here at my place in West LA. I know we have a couple other E34 people in SD, hopefully all's well and they're able to prepare/act as necessary.

If you look at the larger burn area/fire on this map, they're 2-3 miles west on that freeway it's running just north and parallel to.

http://www.cbs8.com/misc/fires_oct_07/map_sites_23.jpg

Even tho uscharalph's a Trojan, hopefully he's arrite. I see activity from him at 12:15am, so that's good... aston_jag_tech hasn't been on for a week and a half, I'll see if I can send him a text message. Vanguard hasn't been on either... I know Gayle's moved out to God's Country or something, but I think she's ok up there. Anybody else?

BFEINZIMER
10-23-2007, 10:02 AM
I was justing thinkin about your folks...I got that girl in SD her family is on sandby to leave...dude the whole ****in state is burning up...

repenttokyo
10-23-2007, 10:07 AM
i drove through forest fires this summer in montana, even from a distance of many miles they are overpowering and intimidating.

TC535i
10-23-2007, 10:13 AM
i drove through forest fires this summer in montana, even from a distance of many miles they are overpowering and intimidating.
I drove thru the hills after the last SD fire. It's creepy.

ber55ber55
10-23-2007, 10:25 AM
the fire is way close to my place. the malibu fire at least. There was another fire behind use in a city called moorpark and simi valley but i think it was put out yesterday

TC535i
10-23-2007, 10:28 AM
the fire is way close to my place. the malibu fire at least. There was another fire behind use in a city called moorpark and simi valley but i think it was put out yesterday
My friends in Porter Ranch are getting nervous.

Macv
10-23-2007, 11:04 AM
Many of my friends are in the same situation as most. I can only house so many.

I feel terrible for these people. Many blessings.

MBXB
10-23-2007, 11:08 AM
I spoke with my son in SD. He's good.

Has anyone heard from Gayle?

TC535i
10-23-2007, 11:36 AM
I spoke with my son in SD. He's good.

Has anyone heard from Gayle?
Was he the one that was playing that night in Ocean Beach or Mission Beach or something?

Haven't heard from Gayle, but I don't think any of the fires are in her neck of the woods.

MBXB
10-23-2007, 11:43 AM
Yeah, the band is on hiatus. The guitar player went and got married.

Was he the one that was playing that night in Ocean Beach or Mission Beach or something?

Haven't heard from Gayle, but I don't think any of the fires are in her neck of the woods.

TC535i
10-23-2007, 11:44 AM
Yeah, the band is on hiatus. The guitar player went and got married.
the nerve!

best of luck to him and his... pretty ugly down there.

TC535i
10-23-2007, 11:47 AM
my 535i and 318 are down there right now, hope they make it out ok :(

M3 and 540i/6 are up here with me tho, so the real toys are out of harm's way.

Vanguard
10-23-2007, 02:16 PM
My e34 530 is riding it out in the garage by itself right now. I found the water pump leaking on Sunday morning so she had to stay.

We evacuated from Rancho Bernardo Sunday afternoon. The house is answering the phone so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

CharlesAFerg
10-24-2007, 11:22 AM
My friend in the Marine Corps said it's eating up his base, he had to move - he sent me a text with a picture of a fire right behind his buildings with the text, "We're Marines, we're not retreating - we're attacking in another direction!!!!"

dude, wtf even the military base? god damn!

TC535i
10-24-2007, 12:01 PM
My friend in the Marine Corps said it's eating up his base, he had to move - he sent me a text with a picture of a fire right behind his buildings with the text, "We're Marines, we're not retreating - we're attacking in another direction!!!!"

dude, wtf even the military base? god damn!
Yup, I-5 was closed to battle the Pendleton fire. Crazy stuff.

TC535i
10-24-2007, 12:02 PM
My e34 530 is riding it out in the garage by itself right now. I found the water pump leaking on Sunday morning so she had to stay.

We evacuated from Rancho Bernardo Sunday afternoon. The house is answering the phone so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
That's a good sign... RB got hit pretty hard, hopefully all's well.

BFEINZIMER
10-24-2007, 12:55 PM
my 535i and 318 are down there right now, hope they make it out ok :(

me too!

Vanguard
10-25-2007, 04:35 PM
All's well. We got the clearance to return yesterday afternoon. The house and cars are all okay, but there's lots of dust and ash outside.

I'm hoping UPS delivers the new waterpump today. Tracking shows the part as being out for delivery since yesterday. Brackets, gasket and O-rings are due tomorrow from Autohausaz.

TC535i
10-25-2007, 05:31 PM
All's well. We got the clearance to return yesterday afternoon. The house and cars are all okay, but there's lots of dust and ash outside.

I'm hoping UPS delivers the new waterpump today. Tracking shows the part as being out for delivery since yesterday. Brackets, gasket and O-rings are due tomorrow from Autohausaz.
You know everything from BMA is next day to SD using normal UPS ground right?